Metroid Prime 3 + Halo 4 male cross over suits

broken visr

Hello RPF! This is officially my first thread on here, as well as a nice little project that has been getting a lot of positive reinforcement over on the 405th and Facebook as well!

Note; All modeling, optimization, mesh repair, and "rigging" done in Google SketchUp 8 Pro and rendered in Keyshot 2.0 Pro

I'm sure you can tell by the title that I have taken the task of blending the armor of Metroid Prime 3 with the armor of Halo 4. As well as the ever so daunting task of taking a female specific armor set and turning it into a male specific variant! Thus far I have done 2 suits in total. I am aiming on making a cross over/ male variant of every suit from the Prime series. The 2 suits I have completed have been the Varia Suit, and P.E.D. Suit. The Varia Suit is going to require a certain amount of tweaking before its ready for being pepable, as well as changing up certain portions of the design (for instance the shoulder pauldrons, which were proving to be a royal pain in the ***). With the Varia Suit, I was shooting for a standard Military look. Like if it were to be the Recruit armor, just the standard base level suit. However, that is going to have to change since it doesn't do the Metroid Prime portion of the suits aesthetics any justice. But the P.E.D. Suit turned out exactly the way I wanted it too. The shoulder pauldrons from the actual suit worked perfect with the male modifications to the build. I'm making some big plans for the P.E.D. Suit, its already in the process of going through optimization, mesh repair, and foam unfolding. I am very pleased with the results and reactions thus far!

But now, I'll stop with the talking. Now to get to some pictures!!

mp3__c__halo_4_cross_over___varia_suit_by_dutch02-d6e8p4k.jpg

Here is the Varia Suit, which has been built with a symmetrical/ asymmetrical design. The classic arm cannon being optional (shown below)
assassin_collage_by_dutch02-d6e8od6.jpg

mp3__c__halo_4_cross_over___p_e_d__suit_by_dutch02-d6e8pvk.jpg

My pride and joy thus far. I plan on cleaning up the mesh more and getting this baby rigged, as well as the Varia suit.

So thats this thread so far! I will be keeping you guys up to date on occurrences that will be happening with the suit.

Last edited:
hey, that's pretty neat! somehow doesn't seem metroid without those shoulder bubbles, though. :p interesting to see how the two combine, though!

Very cool. it actually looks like it could be another suit the Chozo made and gave to someone other than Samus (which in the Nintendo Power comic there was a blue suit a guy wore).

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back