Jurassic Park Jeep Model

JayPHX

I always loved the Jeeps from the original Jurassic Park. This was based on the Tamiya 1/24 Wrngler Open-Top #24154. I built it sometime between the 1st and 2nd movies so I don't remeber too much about it, but I do remember getting the logos off of a childrens ruler set.

That's awesome!
I grew up watching jurrasic park.
This would be a neat beginning project since the main part is the paint job.

DO WANT!!!

On the VHS subject, we made a pirate copy when it came out on VHS to rent....it was a terrible copy but I swear I watched it so many times I wore the tape 'in'.

Awesome job on the jeep....REALLY nice!!

Very nice model indeed :thumbsup It would be great to make a rc version of the JP Jeep.
I think I've seen an RC Wangler kit out there somewhere.

The VHS talk reminded me of how I used to pause the tape for hours trying to get all the details of the jeep right.

Very cool. awesome job! You should take pics of the jeep behind or in that Grass display box you have in the pictures. Your jeep looks life like just standing in front of the grass box.

Last edited:
That is one fine JP jeep! I love it! :) I love Wranglers - CJs, YJs (especially this Jurassic Park jeep, and, of course, McGyver's). On a side note, the Tamiya 1/10 RC Wrangler is one of the most realistic and sought-after bodies of the XC series. They had a license to produce that YJ body with Jeep and ended when Jeep was acquired by Chrysler. The Tamiya XC chassis platform came in highly-detailed styrene bodies - from the Isuzu Mu, Tamiya Pajero 94 version to the vacuformed Pajero 2000, but the Wrangler was the best-looking and best for trailing with its steep approach and descent angles. The XC chassis is still being sold in the read-to-run incarnation. The Pajero 94 (they call it Metaltop wide ("wide" because of the fenders) was in fact rereleased recently, so that chassis is still available everywhere. But the YJ Wrangler body is a sought-after treasure and Ebay is the only option, unfortunately. It doesn't have an interior, being an RC model, but the external detail - just wonderful. I guess that's why they call it scale RC! I still have mine and now after seeing this, converting does look like a tempting idea :)

Very cool. awesome job! You should take pics of the jeep behind or in that Grass display box you have in the pictures. Your jeep looks life like just standing in front of the grass box.

I guess I need to work on my photography skills. At least the Jeep looks better than it did on the garage shelf.....

Last edited:
That is one fine JP jeep! I love it! :) I love Wranglers - CJs, YJs (especially this Jurassic Park jeep, and, of course, McGyver's). On a side note, the Tamiya 1/10 RC Wrangler is one of the most realistic and sought-after bodies of the XC series. They had a license to produce that YJ body with Jeep and ended when Jeep was acquired by Chrysler. The Tamiya XC chassis platform came in highly-detailed styrene bodies - from the Isuzu Mu, Tamiya Pajero 94 version to the vacuformed Pajero 2000, but the Wrangler was the best-looking and best for trailing with its steep approach and descent angles. The XC chassis is still being sold in the read-to-run incarnation. The Pajero 94 (they call it Metaltop wide ("wide" because of the fenders) was in fact rereleased recently, so that chassis is still available everywhere. But the YJ Wrangler body is a sought-after treasure and Ebay is the only option, unfortunately. It doesn't have an interior, being an RC model, but the external detail - just wonderful. I guess that's why they call it scale RC! I still have mine and now after seeing this, converting does look like a tempting idea :)

I had quite a few Jeep models too. I guess you can see the quality progression. Although the JP Explorer may have been a bit much for a 12 year old....

Jurassic Park junkyard

Last edited:
I always loved the Jeeps from the original Jurassic Park. This was based on the Tamiya 1/24 Wrngler Open-Top #24154. I built it sometime between the 1st and 2nd movies so I don't remeber too much about it, but I do remember getting the logos off of a childrens ruler set.

Great =, I should sculpt a 1:24 T rex running after this jeep!!!

chompchomp.png
[/QUOTE]

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back