Did a search, no luck. Predator ship, someone here make it?

ONEYE

Sr Member
Found these pictures on an old disk of mine. Don't remember where they came from or any details about it. Did someone here make the Predator ship from the first movie? Is this still made? Would anyone here consider making it?

PredatorShip1.jpg

PredatorShip2.jpg

PredatorShip3.jpg

PredatorShip4.jpg

Has anyone seen the drawings of it from the original comics- 0 through 4? Maybe I'll dig those out later today and post some scans. I seem to recall the design of that ship from the comic being kept for the movie.

I found your posted images over at predatorstuff.com.
The guy say's an "unknown artist" in Asia made the model pictured and he(the owner) bought it through a friend and fixed it.
Is that a little face-hugger on the base? Considering the scale I guess it would be a BIG face-hugger...

Depending on the size of it, I bet that some LEDs could be added.

I don't know what is on the base?

it's either:

a) a dead spider
b) a little face hugger
c) the engine intake grill thingy that is missing from the right side in the first picture.

my vote is on dead spider. :lol

I *believe* this was put out by MiniModelMadness which is now defunct. I think this was a little bitty model about 4" long.

OK...here are the best two pics I could find from Aliens VS. Predator #0.
Drawing one:The Mother Ship. I really like the inclusion of the various POD's of different clan's.
Notice the symbol's of each clan above their respective ports.
PredatorMotherShip.jpg

A Clan Pod---I think it looks better attached to the Mother-ship.

PredatorLandingPOD.jpg

I made a Predator Mothership and a Predator Landing Ship in RHINO 3D. I always wanted to make a resin kit of it - but here is some of the Prints I made using the 3D Model for my Renderosity Gallery.

Gordon

Maybe one of you guys might give it a shot. :love

For years I tried to get good photos of it or who made the original. No luck at all. Strange.

That model has many problems. Here's blurry screen grabs.

predship2.jpg

predship11.jpg

Nice Screen caps !! :love

Who on the Forum knows about these ships? :confused

Who built the models and WHERE are they now? :confused

Gordon

Comet miniatures shop in London used to offer a kit of the Predator Mothership, it wasn't very big, and poor detail.

they had their kits made by some guy under the name of "Reshape", I met him once in the shop and told I bought one of his kits, and he literally said " I'm so sorry about that !" :lol

IMDb has full credits, but they seem to be mostly about the predator.

Predator (1987) - Full cast and crew

But looking at it now there are a few for Boss Film.

Keith Shartle .... production manager: additional visual effects
Steve Slocomb .... visual effects cameramen
Mike Smithson .... fabricator: Boss Film
Donna Tracy .... compositor
James Valentine .... rotoscope supervisor
Harry Venezia .... animation and rotoscope
Mark Yuricich .... fabricator: Boss Film

"Boss Film Studios was founded by visual effects veteran Richard Edlund after his departure from Industrial Light and Magic, producing visual effects for over thirty films from 1983 to 1997. Edlund had worked at ILM on such films as Raiders of the Lost Ark and the original Star Wars trilogy."

Maybe that's the place to ask. But it closed in 1997. Anyone have IMDb-Pro for more contact info?

the predator ship kit in the photos above is from spacemam and only five were cast before the co went out of business.
i have this kit by luck , bought when it first came out...
its an attempt of the first pred ship... but that built one is built wrong first thers no fin wing on top in back and the bottom fin stabelizer wing on the bottom is on backwards
.for those of you wondering whats on the base its a engine intake blade splitter just like the one thats in the engine showing... last those of you who want accurate predator ship kits should read my post in gen modeling it will make you very happy

Last edited:
GREAT to hear. Have any pictures of your work?
the masters for the riddick are just in blue print form with only the top and bottom templates cut
the predator ships are not even started yet due to bens extensive clinet commitments for the halloween stuff... the will be started in nov thats when im penned in for... the will be made from foam core cause he gets the great stuff:lol and then the parts resin coated , the mold making which will be handeld in florida along with castings should go very quickly ...ill have my kits sent to me and well go from there..
but yes i will post photos build up and such when there are photos/pics to be taken:love

I wasn't looking for this, but I came across a micro machines website (perhaps some of you know of these) and it had a Predator section. To my great surprise, there was once an official toy Predator ship in existence!

dcp_8387.jpg

It isn't incredibly detailed, but it comes from an official Predator toy set! Perhaps some scouting on eBay could turn up the set. Here is a link to the site: Predator Micro Machines

Aha! I found it on Amazon. It's crazy. Says there are still two left in stock.
Amazon link

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back