Chestburster 1X1 vinyl model kit - Finished

MAKE BELIEVE

Master Member
After having built the Facehugger (http://www.therpf.com/f11/1x1-scale-facehugger-vinyl-model-finished-194346/) thought it would be nice to do the Chestburster to along with it.
So have started working on it.

cb1.jpg cb2.jpg cb3.jpg cb4.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Chestburster 1X1 vinyl model kit - WIP

Awesome! Yeah, I wonder if a strip of foam would keep the tail from folding in sections when you heat it up to pose it...the tail was a pain in the facehugger kit too.

Awesome! Yeah, I wonder if a strip of foam would keep the tail from folding in sections when you heat it up to pose it...the tail was a pain in the facehugger kit too.

Didn't think of that. Used wire instead, and it worked out good.
I'm now on the 2nd layer

Nice! Have you found this kit any easier to paint then the facehugger. I know personally that the facehugger was deceptively hard to paint.

Varnish applied to give it the "wet and slimy" look.
Next step: glue the teeth and give it "the blood bath"

cb-v-1.jpg cb-v-2.jpg cb-v-3.jpg cb-v-4.jpg

The blood color mix looks good - dark, but good. What did you use?

Funny you mentioning it because that was one of my problems. It's not easy to get the right colour so I decided to buy a small package of "film blood" (powder to mix with water). The thickness of this "blood" is incredible but the colour is not exactly what I was expecting - it should be less "brown" and a bit more "red"
Anyway if one has to choose between one of them - better "brownish" than "reddish" because it would look too artificial

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back