Buying Renshape

Vidar 710

I've been looking for Renshape on-line, but can't seem to find anyone who sells it in reasonable sizes for a model hobbyist. Everything is in 2ft x 5ft slabs for $800-$1,000. Anyone know who sells it in smaller blocks?

Thanks,

Tracy

Sometimes Freeman Supply has partial boards listed - I recently scored a 15" x 20" x 2" chunk for about $150, but I think I got lucky (i.e. right place, right time). I guess you could just keep checking back on a regular basis. Not sure if e-mailing/calling and inquiring directly would yield the result you'd hope for...

FMSC - Machinable Media

FREEMAN Mfg. & Supply Co. 1101 Moore Road, Avon, OHio 44011-1011 Phone: 440-934-1902... D48th Ronin is right; give them a call and they will give you a run-down of sizes AND grades available.

Last edited:
Why not try calling an industrial modelmaking business in your area and ask to buy the size you need, or see if they have any off-cuts.
As I'm in the industry I have at least one or two boards it in stock all the time as it's an every day consumable for us.
We also accumulate lots of odd size pieces and off-cuts which we tend to keep because it's such a useful (and expensive) product.
I'm quite happy to sell small pieces now and again, so I'm sure the people in your would be happy to do the same.
Other types of business to try would be pattern makers or aerospace tooling companies.

I know this thread is many years old now but after searching where to buy renshape and coming up empty I've decided to make a large order of tooling block myself direct from the manufacture. If anyone is interested in getting in on the order I can make sure I get enough for you and ship whatever quantities you wanted to you. Anyway, if your interested message me directly.

Alex

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back