Battlestar Valkrie - new kit for WF

moffeaton

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So there's a new model company that's releasing kits through JT-Graphics, and they asked me to do the table sample. I'm honored, and can honestly say, this kit has positively bewitched me!! It's DEAD accurate. It's BIG. It's flawlessly cast. These pics represent how the kit came to me today, and I've already cleaned it up, pinned some parts, and they are washed and currently drying... I'll update here as I progress, but man - I'm PSYCHED to see this kind of accuracy and quality.

Let's start with the flight pods. Two parts - check out those Viper launch tubes on the underside.
P1060907.jpg

The insides of the pods are detailed. CRAZY!
P1060909.jpg

HEAD! (say it like you're watching "So I Married an Axe Murderer")
P1060910.jpg

Reverse of the head parts - these parts CLICK together... it's like the kit wants to build itself.
P1060911.jpg

"But Jason, we know how cranky you get about the lack of undercuts and deep details in most resin kits - what's the skinny?" Looks damn fine to me!
P1060913.jpg

P1060915.jpg

P1060917.jpg

Body, top and bottom:
P1060918.jpg

P1060919.jpg

Detail with crazy undercuts:
P1060920.jpg

P1060921.jpg

Engines - there. are. four. engines. (Say it like Picard)
P1060925.jpg

Oooh baby, pinned and friction fit parts (the bays will need glue, so my finders are holding them in place, "kinda").
P1060934.jpg

P1060936.jpg

P1060938.jpg

"see" you soon, with more!
P1060944.jpg

Holy CRAP. :eek

Everybody gets this ship wrong in one way or another, but this looks spot on. I'm amazed. Oh, yeah. And I WANT. :D

Holy crap indeed.
What a fantastic looking kit.
I gotta be honest and say I wasn't very taken by this design when I saw it in the show. But having seen your pics.........damn, I need this kit.

I love the detail on the "HEEEEEED". Even looks like a nod to the original series with the bridge detail on there.:cool

Holy frak! Looks like someone got a hold of the actual render files! :love

I want, I want! :eek

Keep us posted. Looks like I'll be eating Top-Ramen for a few months to afford all of those BSG kits from Bad-AZZ.

I may have been under a rock for a while - where is the Battlestar Valkrie from?

Awesome ship and ring!:lol

it's from "Hero", season 3 :)

Red markings get painted next, then some weathering, and subtle panel painting...

P1060968.jpg

P1060969.jpg

P1060974.jpg

P1060975.jpg

Amazing work! Is this considered 1:3700 scale for the "oversized" Valkyries seen in Razor or a different scale entirely? Will it be available with the optional "rollbar"?

Roll bar?

One of the Valkyrie class Battlestar seen in Razor showed what looked like a curved wing over the top of the engines.

There is some debate as to whether this was part of the ship or part of the repair station. Here's somebody's interpretation of the wing design.

valkyrieorthowb7.jpg

Last edited:
Holy crap - it was part of the Scorpion Shipyards!! That is hilarious.
:lol

What will people think spaceships have next, spinners?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back