Aurora Prehistoric Scenes or reissues

Lynn TXP 0369

Sr Member
I just love the Aurora Prehistoric Scenes and their reissues.
These are my all time favorite dinosaur models growing up and still now as adult.
I discoverd this great site a couple weeks ago that took me back along time ago. http://www.tylisaari.com/prehistoricscenes/main.html

Totally awesome and informative site. I just got some parts form the site owner to complete some of my older kits.

Revell, has just started to reissue some of these great kits this year and have a bunch coming out, I already got four of them.

Here are some of the kits I have got...
Three horned dinosaur- complete old reissue
Spiked dinosaur- complete vintage
Allosaurus- new reissue
Flying reptile- new reissue and vintage
Armored dinosaur- new reissue
Sail back reptile- new reissue
Wooley Mammoth- complete w/base vintage
Tar pit- vintage mostly complete
Neanderthal man- complete vintage
Cro-magnon man- complete vintage
Cro-magnon woman- complete vintage
Giant bird- missing base vintage
T-rex- complete older reissue
Saber tooth tiger- complete vintage
Swamp- partial, will use for parts to decorate other sets

I just need the Cave and Cave bear,

One of days I will get around to build all of them.

Is there any one else into these great awesome nostalgic kits?

Lynn

There's no body else into these??

These kits are great.. A lot of fun.
I just got done building my Allosaurus and Winged reptile. now I gotta just putty and paint.
Lynn

I had about half of them.

Flying Reptile
Saber Tooth
Tar Pit
Swamp
Giant Bird
Cave Bear
Spiked dinosaur, may have been the Trike.
Wooley Mammoth

It would be cool to get them again.
Always wanted the T Rex. :cry

D6

I always wanted the T-Rex too, but never was able to get him.

I had as a child '74-'76

Three horned dinosaur
Spiked Dinosaur
The cave
Cave bear
Giant Bird
Tar Pit

All lost in time...Never did figure out what ever happend to them.

Later in the early 80's I had Reissues of
Three Horned Dinosaur
Spiked Dinosaur
T-rex
Wooley Mammoth
Flying Reptile

All met their fate when I wanted to see how plastics burned. :( :cry

I now have the list above I started getting them back over the years since '92 or so.

Lynn

I got the triceratops, and the ankylosaurus for my birthday when I was little, what became of them I have no idea. they were good size models to.

I got most of these when they were released back in the early 70's. Of course, being 7 years old I did a crap job of building them but I loved them dearly.

Recently my folks retired nearby, bring all my old stuff from the attic. What a surprise to find my entire collection all boxed up.

I did an extensive re-build on the Mammoth, but haven't done anything to the others yet.

43Final.jpg

Complete build-up photos are located HERE.

Some of these animals were running around the LA basin only 12,000 years ago.
Amazing.
The La Brea tar pits is a must visit if your ever in the area.

Yeah I loved these kits as a kid too.. I had an Allosaurus, Styracosaurus, flying reptile and a neanderthal if I remember rightly..I seem to recall the giant bird too.
I had no idea these were reissued, I hope it's in the UK as well, must keep a look out. I always wanted the triceratops but missed out on that one. It would be nice to re-build them with better paint jobs.

Nice bit of nostalgia there

Phil

Do I remember correctly, that the triceratops and the Styracosaurus had sharp shark-like teeth?

The kits, not the dinosaurs. :lol

I LOVED these. I had the:

Spiked dinosaur
Neanderthal man
Cro-magnon man
Cro-magnon woman
Swamp
Cave

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lynn TXP 0369 @ Feb 10 2007, 11:01 PM) [snapback]1416126[/snapback]</div>
I just love the Aurora Prehistoric Scenes and their reissues.
These are my all time favorite dinosaur models growing up and still now as adult.
I discoverd this great site a couple weeks ago that took me back along time ago. http://www.tylisaari.com/prehistoricscenes/main.html

Totally awesome and informative site. I just got some parts form the site owner to complete some of my older kits.

Revell, has just started to reissue some of these great kits this year and have a bunch coming out, I already got four of them.

Here are some of the kits I have got...
Three horned dinosaur- complete old reissue
Spiked dinosaur- complete vintage
Allosaurus- new reissue
Flying reptile- new reissue and vintage
Armored dinosaur- new reissue
Sail back reptile- new reissue
Wooley Mammoth- complete w/base vintage
Tar pit- vintage mostly complete
Neanderthal man- complete vintage
Cro-magnon man- complete vintage
Cro-magnon woman- complete vintage
Giant bird- missing base vintage
T-rex- complete older reissue
Saber tooth tiger- complete vintage
Swamp- partial, will use for parts to decorate other sets

I just need the Cave and Cave bear,

One of days I will get around to build all of them.

Is there any one else into these great awesome nostalgic kits?

Lynn
[/b]

The only ones I had as a kid were the Styracosaurus and the Ankylosaurus. I was never really into dinosaurs, then a friend convinced me to go see one of those really bad Doug McClure The (whatever) That Time Forgot films at the local theater. I thought the dinos were cool, particularly the Triceratops, so I stopped into the local hobby shop to see what they had to offer; the two I mentioned were the only ones they had, so that's what I went home with. Those kits are long gone, so I'm looking forward to picking them up again with Revell's latest re-issue. I already have the Ankylosaurus, and I'll be getting the Styracosaurus, the Triceratops (finally, after all these years), and the Woolly Mammoth as they're issued. I always wanted the Neanderthal, the Saber Tooth, and the Tar Pit as well, but not bad enough to pay eBay prices, so I guess I'll just have to live without 'em. :unsure

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back