Afew kool new projects!

ColHero

Been kinda bored doing the construction and light-testing of my 1:350 1701-A nacelles, so to get myself motivated I went on a model buying spree!

After seeing all the fantastic builds of various classic Sci-Fi ships from you guys, I decided I needed to have a real collection of my own.

Currently (besides my WIP 1:350 E-A) I only have my 2006 1:350 1701-A, an old 1:32 F117A, a 12" die-cast Eagle, an old AMT M-Falcon and an old Orion.

Again, the great builds you guys have done have been very inspirational! Especially the fantastic lighting and paint work that really brings models to life. Now that I'm building my first seriously lighted model, I have a new appreciation for the realism that can be achieved in miniature scale. And it's gonna be so cool to have a collection of childhood memories that are tangible in realistic miniatures.

So here's what I ordered to start my collection -

XXXX.jpg

-1:32 13" Moebius Flying Sub
-1:128 39" Moebius 4-window Seaview
-1:35 18" Moebius Jupiter 2
-1:144 17" Stargazer Orion
-1:30 15" ProShop X-Wing
-1:48 23" Replicas Unlimited Eagle

So far I dont plan to be a stickler for accuracy on all of them, but once I start building them I might change my mind. I will definitely be lighting them but only with standard pre-fab light kits. So, they probably wont be on par with collections like Mark Meyers, but they will look great.

Now I gotta build a display case too. This will keep me busy for a couple years... (y)

Finally received Replicas Unlimited's 23" Eagle. VERY nicely done resin kit - great detail, well designed construction and precise molding, with little to no flash. Beautiful!!

I must say that overall I'm very pleased with the design, detail and molding an all of the new kits. Highly recommend all of these!

2 feet of Eagle came in this little box -

2014-05-12_21-35-33_709.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back