1:6 Predator Biomasks original and customs.

ONEYE

Sr Member
I have been working on a large scale custom 1:6 scale Hot Toys Predator diorama. Weapons (Predator and non-Predator), trophy skulls (various real and fictional), as well as the biomasks (biohelmets) have been collected over the years. Some customized by myself, others will be identified by the artist. I have also included non-Predator masks/helmets used by humans, etc.... Those I hope to show tomorrow after taking the pictures, editing and uploading.

I am just a novice with the handicap of no depth perception. My tools are strictly water based acrylics and paint brushes. I've used bits and pieces from various things in my customs, from the broken end of a green translucent paintbrush handle to a Spawn IV eyepiece.

Since there are many masks (I'm always "hunting" for more) in this wall, for masks which are copied, I've painted them differently, added/removed parts. This is wall one of three walls in the diorama.

I chose three walls, to go with the trio laser lights theme the Predator's use. There will be a Trophy Skull wall with 1:6 scale skulls (or as close to the scale as I can get/afford). Some of those skulls will be real the others fictional. Again, I will identify my work, and the work of others.

The third/last wall will be the "Armory". Here you'll find Predator and non-Predator weapons. In my way of thinking, Predator's would also collect the weapons of their prey. They are collectors and I can't see them leaving cool stuff behind.

Enough of the introduction, on to the pictures. Please go to my Picasa online photo albums to see more pictures. I will do my best to not go overboard, but it's hard not to do this. I'm a big Predator fan and... I almost forgot to mention, the diorama will have lights, but will be subdued lighting, that's another reason why I kind of went wild with the metallic paints.

Comments are welcome as is advice.

Picasa Web Albums - ONEYE - Hot Toys 1:6 ...

The above link is to the Hot Toys Predator masks. I only modified the Wolf's mask on the left by touching up the paint. The hose for the air breather mask is not shown. I won't show these pictures as I believe most have seen them already.

This series of masks were customized by Joe Dunaway. Masterful works of art. I will only show one picture of each mask. This link will take to the the other views of each mask:

Picasa Web Albums - ONEYE - 1:6 Predator ...

JD1.jpg

JD2.jpg

JD3.jpg

JD4.jpg

JD5.jpg

JD6.jpg

JD7.jpg

This mask was sculpted by Narin and painted by Joe "ta2pro" Evans. It goes to a kit I believe was called Cyborg Hunter.

JoeEvansNarin.jpg

The first 7 biomasks you see are my version of the same ones that Joe Dunaway made. Here you'll be able to see the difference between being a PRO like Joe and a novice like me. I did my best, I have no artistic training, not an excuse, more like an explanation if something looks way off.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

http://picasaweb.google.com/ONEYE.Kisielka/16PredatorBiomasks#

The last one is a nod to Spawn. I did these masks before I had the opportunity to purchase the one customized by Joe Dunaway.

More in a moment...

13.jpg

Another Spawn item used. This was the eye piece for Spawn IV (I think). I had to modify it to fit, then repaint it. Hard to see but the black paint is actually Black Metallic Sequin.

13a.jpg

14.jpg

Actual P2 mask, lenses removed, pieces from Spawn figures, metal mesh for eye protection.

Next up a triple of the same mask. It's an Aliens Queen Hunter biomask. Impossible to show accurately. All metallic paints of different colors including the black sequin one. One piece added from a Spawn gas mask piece I cut, trimmed, glued and repainted.

15A.jpg

16A.jpg

17A.jpg

Hey ONEYE! It's been a long time...I've missed seeing your Pred stuff over on the SSFreaks board. Great to see you're still expanding your cool collection!

Hey ONEYE! It's been a long time...I've missed seeing your Pred stuff over on the SSFreaks board. Great to see you're still expanding your cool collection!

Thanks! I just can't stay on that other board. Favoritism, the clicks, people in charge.

I'm finally ready and editing skulls and non-Predator helmets for the the diorama. LOTs of hopefully cool stuff in 1:6 scale. T-Rex, Kong, Vlad... should be nice "eye candy".

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back