SS Tie Fighter build up FINISHED!!!!!!

GF

Sr Member
Did most of the cleanup and sanding, added a mounting point, I had to add sleeves over the rod as the diameter was a tad too small, maybe had to do with shrinkage, the aluminum rod should be 3 cm in diameter, the resin one was missing 2 mm creating obvious gaps, I resolved the problem by adding 0.20 styrene sheet sleeves on each side.

GFollano

Last edited:
Re: SS Tie Fighter build up progress NEW PHOTOS!

Ok finally finished the wing mounting system which was a bit of a pain, a bit of dremeling and a few washers did the trick, some minor sanding and add the "T" strips on te wings and then the fun part begins.

Stay Tuned!

GFollano

Re: SS Tie Fighter build up progress NEW PHOTOS!

That is the sexiest model I have seen all year. Crazy awesome!!!! :love

Re: SS Tie Fighter build up progress New photos!

Now that is a thing of beuty.Nice job.:thumbsup

Cheers,
Ben

I agree Moffeaton, absolutely the best SS TIE ever!!!! :)

GF I know you've built these beasties multiple times and you already know what I'm about to say, but paint your black on the wings first, it's so much easier to mask that way. Then paint your struts. Got that tip from Steve.

Dave :)

I agree Moffeaton, absolutely the best SS TIE ever!!!! :)

GF I know you've built these beasties multiple times and you already know what I'm about to say, but paint your black on the wings first, it's so much easier to mask that way. Then paint your struts. Got that tip from Steve.

Dave :)

Hey Dave,

Thate exactly what I was planning, yes way much easier masking the flat panel surfaces

Thanks for the tip!

GFollano

Started painting process, all parts are ready for main color. The canon leds still need to be sanded to shape, even though I like them the way they are.

GFollano

Last edited:
Re: SS Tie Fighter build up FINISHED!!!!

Finished my Tie kit today, got it last Friday and took me a week to complete,
still need to shape up the orange leds and might add a few grey panels, but I'm still undecided as some have no grey panels at all, all hatches are fully removeable, Oh I'm missing the pilot which I'm waiting from Steve.

Photos were taken with no flash under ordinary fluorescent light, exactly like the real ANH Tie movie prop shown in photo 5 you can clearly see how close the color match.

Enjoy!

GFollano

Last edited:
Re: SS Tie Fighter build up FINISHED!!!!

very nice paint job GF !!!
thank for the pics !
Steve made a great version of this model kit !
i'm very impatient to receive mine !

Michel

Very very nice job. You have inspired me to do mine like that. And kudos to Steve for a great kit of course.

N

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back