ROTJ endor bunker

thawn_es

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
can you ID the parts?
bunker08.jpg
[/IMG]
I have Id the top parts(saturn V rockets)

Last edited:
Jeez, I forgot about that site. I went to film school with some of those dorks in those pictures. I call them dorks simply because the went to the LFL archives and THEY DIDN'T INVITE ME!:lol

The Probe Droid pods are interesting. Looks like the 8-Rad and the Sdkfz 222 strike again.

Anyways, here are some photos I took at Celebration IV. Enjoy.

Gene

Oh yeah, the parts - From the top down - Saturn V Main stage engines on top of little cups. The Center part I don't know. The dome might be from the Saturn V (Main stage fuel tank?). The conical piece under that is from the Saturn V (the 2nd stage engine platform). Some Plastruct railing? And finally, some plastic coffee cups - the kind you got where the handle was reusable and the cup iteslf was disposable.

Last edited:
Edit:removed pictures to save space on free image hosting site.

I still have pics, email me if you want to send you a copy...

Last edited:
The top parts looks like a crackcase from a possible Tamiya F1, maybe Ford? You can see the bolt recesses.
Ill have a look around and see if i can find which.

lee

P.S awesome pics seven!

Seven I don't suppose you have equally stunning pics of the Hoth Ion cannon that has been seen sitting next to the Endor bunker models...?

Seven I don't suppose you have equally stunning pics of the Hoth Ion cannon that has been seen sitting next to the Endor bunker models...?

Sorry no.

Staring really hard at the top of the generators, where the Saturn V engine part is glued to, the last (top) plastic cup looks smaller than the rest under/in it.

Staring really hard at the top of the generators, where the Saturn V engine part is glued to, the last (top) plastic cup looks smaller than the rest under/in it.

I think its just the shape of the cup. It seems to have a step under the lip so it kinda' plays with the eye a bit.

Bumping an old thread.
I am about 90% sure that the base (you cannot see it in these 2 photos above) is a plastic plumbing fitting. They are the type that threads up to the bottom of a typical toilet tank. I am sure that the design has changed over the years but if someone could find a fitting from the mid 70's, it might be a good start.

Guys i have no other pics of this prop, but i had a little brain storm on the walkway railing, is it comfirmed as Plastruct so far?
Thing is, i have this niggling feeling its from the Tamiya 8rad, its possibly fitted with an added rib/lip at the top bar, but the pattern and size seems to fit well for my eye.

lee

Guys i have no other pics of this prop, but i had a little brain storm on the walkway railing, is it comfirmed as Plastruct so far?
Thing is, i have this niggling feeling its from the Tamiya 8rad, its possibly fitted with an added rib/lip at the top bar, but the pattern and size seems to fit well for my eye.

lee

Hmm, I see your train of thought Lee, but looking at the original photos I took (at full res) - it's Plastruct (or EMA) railing. Just the way the railing is broken looks like Plastruct. Here's a cropped (but not shrunken) view of the railing -

attachment.php

And, lo and behold, when I dug those up, I found that I had taken a shot that showed the entire unit - base and all -

attachment.php

......here's a cropped (but not resized) view of just the base area -

attachment.php

Looks cobbled together. Looks like the very bottom of the base is just a cone made out of sheet styrene with some Plastruct 1/8" channel stock....

Gene

Gene, yup, you the man LOL. Didnt intend to try usurp your wisdom, it was just one of those "hang on a minute" kinda thoughts i had when i saw your pics on my cell phone :lol
I have to agree seeing the new large pics, Plastruct for sure.
Oh and thanks for said large pics...makes me wanna build one hehe, but its from ROTJ.......so how could I?

lee

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back