Building the 4' Star Destroyer

Re: Making of ANH Star Destroyer

Now if I could just talk someone into PMing me with details about how they might offer me a blu ray disk of this 1080p version.........I'd love to correspond. Those shots are insanely clean. :)

Dave

Nice shot~! Jeff:)

BTW I found some difference in docking crane between the model in SW exhibition and Filming model.

I guess that the original crane parts were changed for ESB as well :confused

Hey Friends,

The building of 3' ISD ia almost finished IMO but I don't identify key-parts so far.

If you have any knowledges for the parts pls help me:cry.
For the 1st pics, I guess that right part is from some tank-rail??? and left part is very similar to Tamiya 1/35 Panzer-III (but not matched exactly)

And I will post the progress for this weekend.

thanks Eric.

Eric that really is stunning bud, well worth all the time, money and effort put in, so nice to see this scratchbuilt, you cant top real kit parts and the smell of acrylic and styrene lol.

lee

Eric that really is stunning bud, well worth all the time, money and effort put in, so nice to see this scratchbuilt, you cant top real kit parts and the smell of acrylic and styrene lol.

lee

Lee~!

Actually, it is deficient model despite your kind words:angel and I already know a lot of deficiency for my ISD such as inaccurated length, width, proportion and so on...:cry

Exceptional, Eric! Great work. Be fun to see it in primer. ;)

Thanks Allan. I also fully agreed to your words but my home is not enough to paint in primer:cry

If I make another ISD, the model will be accurated exactly IMO:lol

Wow! This build is insane, awesome and ubercool at the same time!
I admire your patience . . .

(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

If I had one choice of any replica prop I think this would be it.Your work is just amazing.

Actually, this model is not matched exactly the original model in ANH because the ISD was modified some parts to use in ESB.
Although I want to have the original model, I can't find any detail reference for the original parts. :confused

So, I choose to make the model in exhibition.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back