Its Pink and Green and gunna be MEAN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Cowen

Sr Member
Its that time again, I disappeared for a year with a ridiculous work schedule!!!! I've only been checking in now and again but there is some incredible builds going on right now. I think I'd like to try and build something again!!

I've few options as still have a load of kits and builds to finnish off so this week I shall ignore all that and put Mike's bloody hard work onto the bench. There is no other build I can think of that I want to do right now other than that old Lamp thing the Fett flew....so I'm gunna have another go.

Mike your are a star and it was an absolute pleasure to finally meet you this year, I hope I can do your work justice and will damn do my best to try. I larned a ton from the previous attempt so its time to put it into practise again. I think now I have your pulls in front of me laid out It will be a similar experience to the Awing build ( I do miss her ):D.

I'm going to mod it slightly and try my hand at completing this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let battle commence: Round 2 of Slave 1 begins this weekend.

Im chomping at the bit to see you back on this Guy, really exciting times and now, i think you CAN finally finish her, Mikes pulls look bullet proof, i have faith...no pressure at all buddy, but if theres a fella out there that can finish a Slave replica, and paint it....its gotta be you!
Hell, may even join you in 2014, but much to be working on first, softly softly i think the saying goes.

lee

I'm hoping to get it as studio accurate as possible, Mike's pulls are based around the FM kit but they are also incredibly well made and designed. I think I can adjust iy just enough to bring it slightly closer to the studio model. It'll be tough as Mike has designed it perfectly to build as per the kit, but I'll be going a slightly different rout as mine will have the double skin like the studio model (again thanks to Mike)

Agree Mikes work is great and will be equally great to see what you do with them.
It's definitely a model I have planned to do in the future.

Ha ha I doubt that Lee, but thanks for the vote of confidence. Good to see Julien will have his slave completed by the end of the week so i can nick some tips !!!!

pics next week Julien I promise :)

Ha ha I doubt that Lee, but thanks for the vote of confidence. Good to see Julien will have his slave completed by the end of the week so i can nick some tips !!!!

pics next week Julien I promise :)

Man up and get on it Cowen lol.......youll crack it, don't think theres another guy on this planet with the Slave know how you have, but I'm still reckoning Julien will pop one out next week while in the shower or something, the guy aint human lol.

lee

Just putting the first coat of primer on it, yeah right !!!

I'm going through a lot of ref again and working out how to shrink Mikes pulls down slightly without hampering the build. Its actually going t be a lot tougher then round 1, as the double skin is going to make it harder to build but worth the extra time. I'm gunna have to join the skins then separate them after the centre join is cleaned up.

Sorry chaps, just been mentally busy over the hols and haven't had time yet to knuckle down with stuff, i will be full steam ahead next week though. Hope you all had a great new xmas and happy new year to you all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back