rotjatst49.jpg

rotjatst50.jpg

rotjatst51.jpg

rotjatst52.jpg

rotjatst53.jpg

rotjatst54.jpg

rotjatst55.jpg

Re: Studio Scale ROTJ AT-ST full scratch

That is outstanding bro, glad you put an update here, its amazing how large and chunky those are, but he's not fat...just big boned LOL.

lee

Looks awesome! The stand just like the one they use on the original.

Thanks guys ;)

Looks awesome! The stand just like the one they use on the original.

Yes but unfortunatly I have to redo it, the rod should be a bit thicker and more important, highter... That's why the legs dont have the good position... And maybe I will do a stand like the one touring in Europe cuz it allows the chassis to be inclined, I dont know yet... I like the look of this stand too and it's not only for display while touring but that's the stand used at the Archives, you're right !

Finally I think I will just change the rod (I will try to find a wood one, like the original), and then put your plaque Guy, it will look great with it ! :D

Génial! ton travail est fantastique! fantastic job! awesome!
Ca c'est du détail!

Merci/thanks Marc ! ;)

I know you cant see a lot of changes/improvments but only a coat of primer ! :D
But I did all the joints, except upper to middle legs. I took me a lot of time to dril the holes, put the nuts, fill around the nuts, putty, sanding etc...
The hips were a ***** to do, no less than 5 nuts by hip. But that was the way to go to get it functional like the studio mini's ones.
I have some more details and hardware to add on the legs. I put the Nice-N TESB feet just to get an idea. ;)
Ive started detailling the bottom of the head.
The little detail plates of the hips can be removed to get access to the allen screws.
I would like to thank Guy Cowen for the Koolshade and Isel for the parts he sent me (not glued yet).
rotjatst59.jpg

rotjatst60.jpg

rotjatst61.jpg

rotjatst62.jpg

Shaping up great Julien (y)thumbsup

Wouldn't mind a peek into the hip assembly! :)

Did Isel have the Porsche parts for the back cabin? Steve still hasn't shipped..

I'm taking a modeling break for a little while, girlfriend is back, when we're both done we'll have to photoshop them in front of a redwood background to see how they look side-by-side, should be cool!

Outstanding bro, its like the real deal now! Eager to jump in now buddy, so ill be bugging you here and there, looking forward to seeing yours Drag, still not sure on that Porsche, so tempting to buy, but not for the amount of donors it may fulfill...arrrgghh lol.

lee

Thanks guys !

Now that they are built it's hard to show the hips but I'll take a pic of them disassembled !

No no the kit parts from Isel was from the 232 and the 88mm, too bad your kit has still not been shipped Matt ! anyway you're taking a break so it's fine, I hope you'll get it soon though !

That's very cool we 3, Matt, Lee and I are building 3 different ROTJ walkers, who will be the next to build the last one ? :D
I would like to see them in display together someday, would be so cool ! Anyway at least in a photoshoped pic it's a great idea ! :D

A forgotten pic :

rotjatst63.jpg

The black thing is a polycap from a Tamiya kit so I can remove the detail plates to access the little allen screws (on the left).

That is looking really sharp! Seeing these always makes me want to scratch build.

Thanks guys !

RCB you should try, that's not hard if you take your time...

Well the plug I made was wrong, so I corrected directly the pulled parts. Still wrong but I can live with that.
I sanded my scratchbuilt parts to put the right kitparts.

rotjatst64.jpg

rotjatst65.jpg

rotjatst66.jpg

rotjatst67.jpg

rotjatst68.jpg

It looks a bit more like an AT-ST now !

Thanks Isel, that's because of your parts ! :)
The funny thing is that the four 88mm parts are not cut exactly evenly on the filming model, I tried to replicate that !

As I've found out on some wings and guns I was working on, nothing is symmetrical on these things..lol.

Isel

The feet are all good Julien :) Besides, they'll get covered up with weathering and moss so nobody would know the difference anyway.. we're probably the only ones that can spot the slight deviations. :lol

I think it looks great. Is it just one 88mm that supplies all the parts for both legs?? That's the last kit besides possibly the Sheridan I have to get. :love

Thanks Matt, but the feet are not really so good :( the more I look at them the more they are off to me ! :lol

They used four 88mm and Zundapp kits per AT-ST. That's 2 kits per leg !
In fact that's 2 Zundapp per legs and 1 88mm per legs but since the right Zundapp kit is only released in the 88mm box... you need 4 of them !

The 88mm kit are a great kit for kitbash I dont understand why besides the Slave One and the AT-ST it was not used more often by ILM...

Thanks again Isel for the parts and info !

Now Im waiting for my 935 kit...

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back