WIP Rubies Vader to ROTS Vader Helmet

thedarkone

This helmet has pretty much sat in the top of my closet since i got it in 2005. That was back before i got into the prop world and i thought the helmet was spot on lol.

Well anyways after getting tired of finding a good priced MR Helmet, and realizing that i may be too afraid to wear that helmet once i found one, i figured why not make it. These pictures are still in the rough stage. I have already thinned the helmet shape, removed the mouth and the mounting system and the eye sockets slots. Right now im working on evening out the sculpt and rebuilding the eyes and upper cheeks. Im going to create a whole new symmetrical set of teeth along with making the neck extention. The dome will be a modified CA dome (bad casting i bought off the bay). Once all said and done i'll cast it up in silicone and create a black urethene resin cast. Probably got a months work ahead of me on this but once done if anyone is interested id be happy to offer copies to anyone.

Andy

first pic is the stripped down, sanded face plate. all other pics are of the reshaped in progress mode.

100_1350.jpg

100_1354.jpg

100_1355.jpg

100_1356.jpg

Well started out using PC-7 epoxy filler but it just remained too soft. Thats the grey stuff. Now im just using sculpey and hardening it with boiling water.

another 2 pics. Pretty much going to reconstruct both cheeks to give the sharp curves and even up the edge with the corner of the eye.

100_1358.jpg

100_1360.jpg

yeah i know, and there is no way i'll get this pefect since the helmet wasn't really sculpted anyways. More or less an idealized Episode 3 helmet.

What did you initially sand this with. I have a rubies that im going to redo but sanding it has been a pain! maybe i'm using the wrong sanding materials?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back