original esb vader costume on the auction block

Re: original darth vader costume up for auction

I wonder if anyone has taken the helmet from display , cast it and will be selling them later on next year ?

That article implies the photo is the actual suit being auctioned and if so, the gloves and cod don't look screen used.. (Have doubts about the shin guard as well, although that's harder to tell).

Interesting though.

Re: Chrisitie's Selling an original Darth Vader costume

haha - that last picture looks like Vader is trying to get away from the crazy lady.

"Stop touching my helmet woman!"

Re: Chrisitie's Selling an original Darth Vader costume

This may be the most important/best "modern era" piece to ever come up for auction. Seriously awesome. And from the best film and best Vader film to boot.

Very curious to hear the story on this one.

That helmet - especially the dome looks RotJ.

Agree with TMG, the chestbox is not correct either because it looks like the coinslots have black on them (like ROTJ) even though it looks to have the correct greeblies. Plus the gloves and cod aren't even close to ESB nor are the cape hook and chain..:rolleyes

Kind of hard to tell on the helmet, it seems the ridge is a little too narrow for ROTJ, but without better photos it's hard to say..:confused

Ok...Just taking a shot in the dark because they say it's an American collector offering it for sale...

Is this Sansweet's?!?

I've seen his Vader in person...And this one looks strangely familiar to me.

I know that Steve is leaving LFL...Just curious as to whether or not he's starting to part out some of the collection to fund whatever "new endeavor" he's embarking on.

I need to dig out my old pics from that trip...

Jason

Cool...Thanks for clearing that up. :)

I didn't think that Steve would part with his, but had to ask just in case...

Jason

This is not Sansweets Vader but it is another American collector.
It's very hard to tell if this is screen used although the seller is convinced that it is the Vader from the Luke hand cutting scene. I have some close ups and it's been repainted making it impossible to screen match. The seller claims to have a paper trail from LFL. I know it didn't come from them directly.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back