Finished my Chewbacca suit.

Excellent coloring. How tall are you before the costume? Do you have stilts or buckets on your feet to make you that tall in the costume?

Excellent coloring. How tall are you before the costume? Do you have stilts or buckets on your feet to make you that tall in the costume?

I am 5'7"
I am using Skywalker stilts. Yes... They really are called Skywalker.
Here is the mask. I got it from Trap Joe. Thank you again Jorg. What would everyone suggest for the back of the head? Connecting the hair with silicone in layers and them punching the rest when I get to the face area?

IMG_20101029_103452.jpg

IMG_20101029_155115.jpg

Cool pictures. :lol:cool I´m glad, you like the mask.

I tied the hair in on the backside. You can also glue them on with silicone if you want, but in the middle of the back that hair should be more stable, so that you don´t have to worry, they will fall out when you open and close the buttons.

I was gonna guess/suggest maybe attaching the body suit mesh to the back of the head and tying the hair there. (I dunno man, wookiees look hard!)

I was gonna guess/suggest maybe attaching the body suit mesh to the back of the head and tying the hair there. (I dunno man, wookiees look hard!)

That's a good idea.
I might sew mesh that I have let over on top of the cloth that is on the mask. Then just latch-hook the hair into the mesh. Then when I punch the hair into the rubber of the mask that it will blend in.
Just a thought.

Cool pictures. :lol:cool I´m glad, you like the mask.

I tied the hair in on the backside. You can also glue them on with silicone if you want, but in the middle of the back that hair should be more stable, so that you don´t have to worry, they will fall out when you open and close the buttons.

Thanks Jorg.
I just want to make sure that I make it look great. You made an AWESOME mask. I don't want to mess it up.

A tad off-topic, but it looks like it wouldnt be a far stretch from a "Harry and the Hendersons" suit, if you would just make a different mask to go allong with the body-suit ;)

Great build! You have inspired me to attempt this. I am 5' 7" and will need stilts and arm extensions as well. I just need to find someone to get the mask from. I can punch and latch hook hair but I have no sculpting talent.

Damn this is soo good. I so want to try make one. I'm 6"4 so how big of stilts would you think I would need to get an accurate height. Also with zero punch or latch experience are their any tutorials you would recommend. What did you use and how did you source the hair.

Complete and utter awesomeness, the face isn't 100% chewie but it totally has its own character . Stunning work

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back