Celebrity jerks?

Oh ok, I've heard all the horror storys about no AC in the cars and how it is breaking down now.

Back in the 80's and 90's in the D.C. Area I used to take metro and walk around all parts of the city near the hotels at the Cons i was working and it would amaze me how most people would react to certain costumes.

Tos Battlestar Galactica people would smile and come up, "I loved that show" and ask about why I was wearing it and where did I get it, LOTS of Pics.

Star Trek TOS was the same Pics and always shouts of "beam me up Scotty" or "Kirk to Enterprise"

Next Gen, people would'nt even notice, even at the Air and Space when the Trek exhibit was going on, always got a kick out of that! :lol

Great stories. Never road the DC Metro, but can tell you I will never ride a Baltimore Metro. I think I would rather take my chances playing Russian roulette. Last time I wore my TOS costume, outside of a con while in Target, I got asked by another customer to open the electronics case. I wasnt even wearing a red shirt..it was my science uniform. There was an Awesome Captain Kirk walking around on Saturday, pretty spot on classic Shatner, and spot on with Shatner impersonations. Wish I had gotten a pic. I was walking by him when another guy walked by in a red shirt, and he did a perfect Shatner impression saying..."I hope you survive the con today, random red shirt guy". I wish I could type it the way he spoke it. So damn funny in the Shatner way he said it. Lol

i have heard the dude that plays chewy in stars wars is a jerk.

I met him at a Star Trek convention in Anchorage, Alaska. He was very nice. Even took the time to find a gold paint marker to sign a piece I had bought at the convention because his pen wouldn't write on the piece I had purchased. Then he asked me to wait to leave because he wanted to be sure the paint once dry wouldn't rub off. Talked with me about the weather in Alaska, asked how we survived all this cold. Once the paint was dry he shook my hand and thanked me for being a fan. The man has huge hands.

Robert Picardo was at the same convention. Very friendly and even sang a song for us about how his action figure was slow selling so please buy it for Christmas. Was very funny.

James Best While I cant remember the day really well, I was quite young.......I have a signed picture of him that my parents and I got at The Denver Car and Auto show in like 1984 I think?? He was there with the General Lee. Mom says I was more interested in the car than Rosco.......She said they had to pull me out of it more than once. Thankfully the owners were really understanding. We were in a booth a few cars down so I didn't have far t go to sneak back in.

Last edited:
Like his infamous Letterman appearance, this could be another one of his "Method" stunts.
Which, of course, would just make him a jerk in a different way....

How is Michael Biehn of Terminator and Aliens fame to interact with, take photos with and perhaps get a signing? His character of Kyle Reese in Terminator is one of my favourite film characters. Hardened soldier with strict mission parameters that cannot be broken, except by the love of his life. lol. I love it. I love T1. T2 is good, in the directors cut when Reese appears for under a minute (maybe)....

How is Michael Biehn of Terminator and Aliens fame to interact with, take photos with and perhaps get a signing? His character of Kyle Reese in Terminator is one of my favourite film characters. Hardened soldier with strict mission parameters that cannot be broken, except by the love of his life. lol. I love it. I love T1. T2 is good, in the directors cut when Reese appears for under a minute (maybe)....

Ive only heard positive things about his interactions. I'll have the opportunity to see him tomorrow here: http://monstermania.net/mmc-38-guests/

I'll provide an update then.

Biehn can be a jerk. I have seen him at cons where he was friendly but he usually looks bored, at best, and tends to not say a whole lot.

It can be hit or miss as he does a lot of cons. I've seen him talking, laughing and being friendly and I've also seen him jump across the table and go after a guy.

He's down to earth, but understand he's been doing this a while and is bored of it, but has to pay the bills.
No negative reviews from me, just honesty :)

Yeah I've heard both as well. A good friend was all suited up as USCM and pleased to meet him, and he didn't even make eye contact and flicked the photo back with his finger after he signed it. Later heard the explanation was he was very hung over. So it might be best to get him later in the day, or the first day of the con before any party nights!

It can be hit or miss as he does a lot of cons. I've seen him talking, laughing and being friendly and I've also seen him jump across the table and go after a guy.

He's down to earth, but understand he's been doing this a while and is bored of it, but has to pay the bills.
No negative reviews from me, just honesty :)

Let's be honest, he hasn't done any major motion pictures in... a long, long time. Most of his work is low-budget made-for-TV stuff and some video game voice acting. Whereas big stars might go to conventions to meet the fans, he's probably only doing it for a buck. I can understand why he's not engaged. I probably wouldn't be either.

I really thought I had told this story on here but I guess I had not.
A few years ago I was meeting a friend for coffee near Burbank. As we are sitting there chatting this woman walks past. I semi check her out but didnt pay much attention. As she walked back our way I do a double take... I was looking at Kirsten Dunst. Now this type of thing isnt uncommon in the LA area. As a matter of fact after my friend left JK Simmons turned the corner in his car. Clear as day it was him.
As I said my friend left and I was just hanging out. I was debating talking to Kirsten but I try and leave people alone. I am on the phone with my wife telling her about coffee when a bee starts buzzing around my table. I swat it away and continue my conversation. Two seconds later Kirsten runs to my table "you swatted that bee and now it went to my table!" I tell my wife "I got to go" which I tease her about to this day. I get up, shoo the bee away from her table, she tells me how she has never been stung and I went back to my table. A few minutes later she goes inside and as she comes back out I say her name, she stops and looks at me and I just tell her what a cool moment this was. She was very polite and laughed a little bit if I remember correctly. After a bit I go to leave and I decide "screw it" so I walk to her table. I tease her saying she has given me a story for the rest of my life, she introduces me to her friend, we chat about a script I had in my hand and she took a look at my work etc. She was very very nice. I asked if it was ok to take a picture and she said yes that was fine, apologized for her appearance (she had been playing tennis she said), we took two very good pictures and we parted ways. She was by far the best person I have ever met in Hollywood.

Regarding Michael Biehn, unfortunately he has some demons in his life, alcoholism and speculative drug use. He's a film maker deep down and he hasn't had much luck over the course of his career. He does however have sons, a partner and is passionate about the art form. I truly hope that he hasn't fallen back into old habits.

It's my dream (sure, I said it) to meet the legend and to have him sign my pair sneakers he wore in The Terminator, and if I'm lucky to obtain one, the trench coat. To meet Linda Hamilton would also be an honour as she seems lovely and is an inspiration.

I don't blame him for jumping over the table and getting pissed at that guy, the man shouldn't have mentioned fighting under Perry from 21 to 27.

I wish you the best of luck and hope he's having a good day if you get to meet him. I know the suckage of meeting someone and having them not be what you were hoping. Good luck!

Regarding Michael Biehn, unfortunately he has some demons in his life, alcoholism and speculative drug use. He's a film maker deep down and he hasn't had much luck over the course of his career. He does however have sons, a partner and is passionate about the art form. I truly hope that he hasn't fallen back into old habits.

It's my dream (sure, I said it) to meet the legend and to have him sign my pair sneakers he wore in The Terminator, and if I'm lucky to obtain one, the trench coat. To meet Linda Hamilton would also be an honour as she seems lovely and is an inspiration.

I don't blame him for jumping over the table and getting pissed at that guy, the man shouldn't have mentioned fighting under Perry from 21 to 27.

It's a shame, really. Looking at his career, I think he's a lot more talented than people give him credit for. Even when he's been "typecast" as a military man, he's brought some real subtlety to his roles. Compare Reese vs. Hicks vs. his character in The Abyss. They're all wildly different. And none of them comes anywhere close to Johnny Ringo, whom he played amazingly well. The guy has real range.

Biehn was, and probably still is, a MASSIVE talent that wasn't allowed to do much more than his military roles. I'd love to see him make a comeback.

BTW, if you haven't watched the deleted scene from The Terminator where he breaks down crying in the woods....dang. Awesome.

It's a shame, really. Looking at his career, I think he's a lot more talented than people give him credit for. Even when he's been "typecast" as a military man, he's brought some real subtlety to his roles. Compare Reese vs. Hicks vs. his character in The Abyss. They're all wildly different. And none of them comes anywhere close to Johnny Ringo, whom he played amazingly well. The guy has real range.

This made me think of how awesome it would have been if they'd had cast him alongside Bill Paxton in that one season of Agents of SHIELD. I bet that if they had done that, any episodes where they shared scenes together would have been incredible, Michael's quiet subtlety with Bill's bombast.

Usually just browse rpf to admire everyone’s costuming, but after coming across this I thought I’d share with you an awesome story.

My dads a tattoo artist associated with Marc Draven’s Lucasfilm licensed tattooing organization “Ink Fusion Empire”, meaning he’s usually always traveling to conventions with his group to do business, however on one occasion at a Florida based Con, my dad had planned to get an autograph from thee Stan Lee, as he finally got up to the booth Stan had somehow managed to break his glasses, my father then sprung into action to fix Mr. Lee’s frames. I got some awesome pictures of my dad wearing the glasses next to Stan. I’m guessing he made a great impression because they all ended up going to dinner with the man later on. So overall great guy!

Last edited:
Monster Mania was a blast.

Rose McGowen: Bat**** Crazy. Really. Not sure what was going on with her, but acting, very...very odd. She has a buzz cut now, and fortunately she has dyed what little hair she has black, as Ive seen some earlier pics of her with pretty much a shaved head with a lot of grey/white specks of hair.

Malcolm McDowell: Seems pleasant, just incredibly bored and over everything. Polite, but you could easily tell this was about all he has going on these days and sadly...he's not enjoying it.

Michael Biehn: Very cool, and down to earth...but he did look extremely tired and haggard. Not talkative at all, but he was acknowledging his fans.

Wilford Brimley: Poor guy, did not seem to know where he was. He was talkative, but I cant really remember what he was saying. Sad to say this, but all I kept hearing in my head while he was talking to me was from his old commercial...diabeetus! Yes, I spelled it like he said it in the commercial and how I heard it over and over in my head.

Curtis Armstrong: I remember him most proximately as Booger from Revenge of The Nerds. I must have watched that a 100 times in the summer with my older Brother and his friends while in fifth grade very late at night when Mom and Dad were asleep. Fun times. He was talkative and very friendly.

Val Kilmer: I was very much looking forward to meeting him and talking about some of the projects he is working on, but sadly he canceled a week before the con. I hope he is okay, as I know he has had a number of health problems. I saw some pics online of him at the Cherry Hill NJ, Monster Mania which was a few weeks ago...and he looked very sickly.

The surprise of the night was Dean Cain. My wife is quite a bit younger than me and grew up watching him on Lois and Clark. She still has a soft spot for him, and arguably...he was the only person she wanted to meet. I'll straight up admit to spending way too much time watching far too many of his Syfy and Hallmark films. So cheesy, but fun non the less. I am also a fan of his based on what he has been doing with making a film about the Armenian genocide. He was awesome. Truly engaging his fans, talking, and talking, and talking. He told me that he had just driven straight from D.C. to the con, and anyone who has made the horrific trek from the Capital Beltway to Baltimore can tell you just how hellish that is. Despite that, he did not appear to be tired at all, and it was obvious that he was having a really good time and was in kind ensuring that all of his fans were having a good time as well. he made my wife's night, and therefore...made my night.

:lol Been there done that Dean is the Man! :lol

Who the hell is responsible for the Celebs at that con, should be fired.

Always heard good thing about him

I would have told him you need a lift back Im here for ya! :lol

Thanks for the update sad, about Malcolm and Wilford as I love em both, really enjoyed Malcolm in "Entourage" such a cool show with awesome Cameos, Martin Landau had a great one in it!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back