Celebrity jerks?

A moment on the lips, forever on the hips.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't saying that her passing wasn't the catalyst for the weight gain, but if this was only temporary, I would say 6-12 months and he would be losing the weight. At two years... I would say he has now fallen into a "unhealthy lifestyle" direction.

You ever try to lose weight? Its one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. I would rather kick a drug than lose more than 50 lbs.

Not saying it isn't hard.... all I said is that at two years, this is not a temporary thing. That was all my statement was about. Nowhere did I say it was easy to lose weight, or anything along those lines.... I just commented in reference to the prior comment that his weight gain due to his mom's passing two years earlier, was Temporary.

Not saying it isn't hard.... all I said is that at two years, this is not a temporary thing. That was all my statement was about. Nowhere did I say it was easy to lose weight, or anything along those lines.... I just commented in reference to the prior comment that his weight gain due to his mom's passing two years earlier, was Temporary.
Sorry after rereading that, it came off as snarky, so I apologize, I wasnt trying to be.

Man I dont know what I would do if my mom died, since she isnt that old (just turned 60). I dont even want to think about it. :(

Sorry after rereading that, it came off as snarky, so I apologize, I wasnt trying to be.

Man I dont know what I would do if my mom died, since she isnt that old (just turned 60). I dont even want to think about it. :(

No offense taken. :thumbsup

I fear the same thing. My mother is in her 70's and she had two cancer battles already, so I just live in fear.... especially living across country. I always talk to my wife about it and tell her I cannot fathom how I will handle it and how I will carry on.

No offense taken. :thumbsup

I fear the same thing. My mother is in her 70's and she had two cancer battles already, so I just live in fear.... especially living across country. I always talk to my wife about it and tell her I cannot fathom how I will handle it and how I will carry on.
Damn she sounds like a survivor, thats awesome that she beat it twice. I could never live across country, We live about 20 mins from each other! Quick! Someone post about something else before I get sad!

I didn't notice. He looked a little rough around the edges, but I blamed jet lag.
I dunno where this con was, but they've been travelling a bit lately. They were at wizard world in Philly two weeks ago. God only knows where they are now.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Can't get into detail due to professional blah blah, but the King of Hell is aptly cast.
I finally posted this story elsewhere so I figured I might as well paste it here.

I was the guy-who-takes-your-money at the table of Mark Sheppard (Crowley in Supernatural) for three days at a con in Orlando in 2014. He could be effusive with someone if they shared a common interest (he liked talking about fixing up cars), but was low-key insulting at other times. A local would come up and say "welcome to our city", and he'd say "you don't have a city. You have a parking lot for Disney and Universal," and, stunned, they'd try to salvage the experience in some sort of positive direction.

He got to talking to me about the UK sitcom Father Ted, which at that point I hadn't heard of. He delightedly told me about how it, in his view, is "anti-Catholic". Now, I'm not Catholic, but I could've been for all he knew.

At one point there was no one in line (there never really was one, the con was a bust due to a bigger con having rescheduled to the same weekend), and about 50 feet away a shy fan was eyeing the table, working up the nerve to approach. I pointed her out to him, thinking maybe he'd like to make a fan's day, but he said, "no, I'm good, mate". He thought I meant he could make another few bucks. (The table take wasn't even going to come close to his guaranteed minimum fee, so he was on cruise control.)

He also raised a big stink at the end of the day about how he'd get that fee. No checks, and in large denominations so that he wouldn't be carrying a giant bag of cash on the plane. The organizers had to find a bank OPEN ON SUNDAY to exchange a bunch of 20s from the admissions take into 100s for him. Was extremely rude to the staff.

That's the only time I've ever worked behind a celebrity table. A friend was helping organize the con and recruited me. She sold me by promising I'd be handling Joel Hodgson but that got changed at the last minute. :( I delude myself with the notion that I would've so impressed him with my wit that I'd have been invited to write for the MST3K revival that he started putting together the following year. ;)

I had to look him up because I didn't recognize the name, but do remember him from shows. He's maybe a B list celebrity if that, so I don't know why he would think he could act like that. :lol: I have a friend who met Harrison Ford and he said he is one of the nicest most humble guys he's ever met. Now Ford would have the clout to act like an a-hole if he wanted.

Long story, but a bunch of national league ball players came over to Aberdeen Proving Ground in 1998 for some PR event. They had one of every vehicle the Ordnance Center had lined up for photos and such. This was a Sunday morning and I was the Staff Duty Officer at HQ that day. I was a new 2nd LT going through the branch course at the time.
Someone knew I was quite familiar with all the vehicles we had lined up there as well as a player on a local men's league baseball team and I was told go over to answer questions.
While I couldn't name them all today, there were some very known players who showed up. While I knew how to play baseball well and loved going to games, I couldn't tell you each player throughout history.
I answered questions about the stuff we had, especially a new M1A2 Abrams tank we had lined up. Some of the players were just waiting to leave but some had insightful questions and seemed to think it was really cool to climb around all that hardware.
Many of them seemed quite upset that I wasn't making a big deal about them at all. Cal Ripken was there as he's from Aberdeen, he was the only one I knew. One of the league guys pulled me aside and said, "You clearly don't impress easily, these guys are used to people fawning all over them."
I told them I'd met a President Bush (1) as well as several famous WW2 war heroes in my past and it takes more than a baseball player to make me genuflect.
The rep laughed and said, "They'll be talking about you after this, but I don't think it's a bad thing. They need the reminder that there are more important jobs put there."
In the years after, I'd see a couple of them on TV and realized they were the ones who didn't get that I wasn't impressed...

Last edited:
I grew up in a suburb of Dayton, OH so we went to the USAF museum multiple times a year. Both grandparents were WW2 vets, my dad was a Marine in Vietnam, and my uncle (his brother) was a boom operator on a KC-135 in Vietnam. On top of that my grandpa worked at Mound Labs (along with that same uncle, different fields though) as a chemist and helped design the RTG for the Galileo probe among a lot of other top secret stuff. So while I liked football, athletes were never "heroes" to me. My family members were because they did a lot of cool things. I preferred to read about fighter pilots and other military people.

I live in an area with a lot of A-list celebrities, some of whom I see on a regular basis out running errands or living their lives. While on the one hand it's cool because I enjoy movies so much, at the end of the day, no matter how famous or rich they are, they're just people like the rest of us. Most of them keep to themselves and the people who live here (myself included) don't bother them. They're entitled to some privacy too. Thankfully I've never encountered anyone of them being rude.

Not me personally, but years ago my brother was sound editing on a small animated film and he was out in L.A. He ran into a Starbucks, got his coffee and went over to the side table to add sugar etc. Guy walks up next to him to do the same; my brother looks up, and it's Time Allen. My brother says, "Hey, Tim" and Tim responds "Hey, bud" and they were merrily on their way. Simple, non-effusive, they acknowledged each other, and..... scene.

Last edited:
You can tell the actors that aren't full of themselves and don't think they're special. Many, many years ago now, when I was in college, I worked graveyard as a manager at Taco Bell and Chuck Norris came through all the time. If there was nobody behind him, we'd just sit and talk for a while. He was a really nice guy. I didn't sit there and praise all of his movies and he didn't expect me to. It was just two people chatting. Whether he was famous or not didn't matter.

The one time I took a chance and stopped to talk to someone famous in my neighborhood, I chatted with Ebon Moss Bachrach for a few minutes. He lives across the street from me. Super humble guy, very personable. I recognized him and told him I enjoyed his work, and he introduced himself and shook my hand. If you ever get to watch The Bear, he's incredible in it. I have a feeling he'll be up for some major awards before long. The guy's super talented and hasn't let his fame go to his head. He doesn't live in some swanky place either. Just a regular apartment.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back