Celebrity jerks?

Frosteon

Since most of us attend conventions, I'm sure you've met a few celebrity guests. Some are nice, yet every once in a while, a jerk appears. I'd like to hear about some of your stories, so feel free to post it here. Was there a celebrity you met who was rude? Have you ever met a celebrity who is said to be rude, yet when you meet him or her, he/she is very nice? Post your stories.

I have yet to run into anyone who was a jerk, however I've heard mixed reviews about people who've met Anthony Daniels. he sounds like he can be nice when he wants to. When I personally met him, We both only said hello to each other, got my picture with him, and that was it. It seemed to be a Get in line, get your autograph, get a picture, and get lost kind of meeting.

The only star I saw behave in a poor way was Lou Ferigno. He was signing stuff for the Incredible Hulk and was just packing up to leave. A family that apparently came late to the convention came up to about 15 feet away from the table he was standing at. The father pushed the little boy forward who was clutching an "Incredible Hulk" poster and he asked if Lou would sign it. Lou turned to the kid, shook his head, crossing his hands back and forth in front of him and waved the kid off. You could see the kid just crushed by it.

I never met anyone that big but as a comic nerd i met a few jerks at cons before. Rob Leifeld in the 90s was one. I'm betting there are a ton of stories out there. I did meet David Prowse and was about as unimpressed as can be.

My most memorable was....Well, I don't want to mention any names, but it rhymes with...Yngwie Malmsteen.

It involved him throwing a full-on b***h-fit tantrum because his runners couldn't find Swedish cigarettes in the middle of Orange County, California, and an innocent female walking in on said "celebrity" putting on a girdle in the unlocked bathroom that was doubling as a makeshift dressing room and the hilarity that ensued. :lol

Good times. ;)

Ian Zerig, from 90210 was on Maui in the early 90's and we were sitting at a table close to he and his friends. They were pretty drunk.

Anyway, I went to the bathroom and he was standing at the urinal and as I walked behind him, he let out a loud fart and started laughing. I ended up next to him and he said he was waiting for someone to walk behind him so he could fart on them.

I didn't acknowledge his comment, but only replied "The urinal...equalizer of all men". Once back out on the floor he apologized, bought me and my brother a beer and we ended up hanging out with him that night and he even asked us to tour Maui with him and show him where the locals hung out.

Ended up being a nice guy, but still cocky.

That was back in the era of the FOX shows and all those Fox brats made Maui their vacation spot. Most were cool, but David Faustino was an ass.

Actually, except for a very small handfull, the only celeb's that I've ever "met" were when I worked at a movie theater. John Travolta, Kelly Preston, Emilio Estavez, Alice Cooper, Jeff Fahey, and even Bjork seemed like regular nice people...
but Reggie Jackson was quite unfavorable.

John and Kelly were drunk and the manager wouldn't let them in after I tried to get them in just after closing.:lol

Emilio is short.

Alice came to town for a golf tournament and was really cool and down to earth.

Jeff looked exactly as he does onscreen which seemed strange to me.

Bjork tried to go incognito but I recognized her and she made a HUGE donation (compared to anybody donating anything to the causes we promoted over the years).

Reggie acted like he was owed special treatment and bitched about the fact that he had to wait in line, the quality of his popcorn, that he couldn't get "better" seats, and even the fact that he had to pay regular prices.

Reggie Jackson is a prime example of a typical spoiled athlete, half the guys on the Steelers are jerks like him whenever they're around Pittsburgh. Alice always seems like he's a nice guy. My chiropractor moved to Beverly hills in the 90s and sells antiques to stars and he said the one you least expect to be down to earth is Tommy Lee Jones. He came in dressed in jeans and boots. This guy has pics of him in the store with Jones, Arnold and a ton of other stars.
We had patrick Swayze in the area in the 80s filming at local sports bar for a film and he was really cool too.

Emilio is short.
I'll bet you Trent Reznor is shorter...alot shorter.

With the musician celebrities I've met, hung-out with or just know, it's hard to distinguish between being a jerk and just completely loaded.

So most of the time I just give them the benefit of the doubt. ;)

The Undertaker can be intimidating individual, the persona that he projects in the ring...well, it's not an act.

Now Koko B Ware...a really nice guy, but after a couple days, I had to take him to the side and politely ask him to stop stealing the pizza, fried chicken and mojos. :lol

2uyrp06.jpg

Met SteveO from *******....not much of a star, but an extremely friendly guy.

and

Jay Leno was probably the best experienced I ever had. Really nice guy. I met him about 10 years ago at a charity fundraiser. My uncle was the manager of studio/theater at the time, so I was in the back playing...He met my sister and I and we chatted...Really nice guy...few days later. My uncle receives a package from the JAY Leno show and it had autograph pictures and cue cards he used on his show with funny faces he drew himself. he personalized them for me and my sister..

Huh, speaking of 90210 I once caught an overnight train in Europe; the compartment slept four people and one of them was that one from 90210 with the bitchy reputation, whatsername. Sharon Doherty? Is that right? This was right after Heathers and before 90210 got going IIRC. Of the four people she was the only one who barely said a word. Not bad or unpleasant behaviour, just amazingly aloof. She was about ten or twelve times more attractive in person than on the screen, however - just eye-smackingly gorgeous.

I never met Trent Reznor but he's from Mercer, PA about a half hour or so north of me and I heard he's pretty hard to deal with. My old manager went to highschool with him and the guy was a jerk then too from the sounds of things.

I gotta say that I've fortunatly never really met a celebrity that was a "jerk." I think the closest was really a WWF wrestler a few years back that came to a small comic book shop to sign autographs. I was only 8 or so at the time, and he didn't seem too friendly when I went up to him to get one of his cards signed.

Other than that, I can't really say much. I know Peter Mayhew can get cranky after a bit, but I can't blame him on that. His wife is really outgoing though. The better celebrities I've met have been Jeremy Bulloch, David Prowes, David Warrick, Ray Park and Jay Laga'aia, especially, have been the most friendly.

I accidently (not literally, fortunatly!) ran into David Warrick while getting some water, waiting to do the parade for SWW, to which he just looks up at me and just says "Man your tall!" :lol

Huh, speaking of 90210 I once caught an overnight train in Europe; the compartment slept four people and one of them was that one from 90210 with the bitchy reputation, whatsername. Sharon Doherty? Is that right? This was right after Heathers and before 90210 got going IIRC. Of the four people she was the only one who barely said a word. Not bad or unpleasant behaviour, just amazingly aloof. She was about ten or twelve times more attractive in person than on the screen, however - just eye-smackingly gorgeous.

She was another one that visited Maui quite regularly and one I encountered at out local watering holes. One time, she was so drunk, she passed out on the floor. I had to help her back up into her chair. When the bouncers told her that she had to leave, she threw a wopper of a tantrum. She also chain smokes cigarettes. I think she burned through a pack or two with in a couple of hours before she hit the floor. I remember her not finishing them, but going from one to another.

Christina Applegate on the other hand is a TOTAL sweetheart. She used to date a friend of mine on Maui. She also taught me how to make a dirty martini when I was just a day old behind the bar. We became good friends, but unfortunately, we haven't talked in over a decade :(

Rob Van Winkle lives in my area, met him and his wife and kid at the local fair. My friends girlfriend went fangirl on him. We held her back, told her to chill so that he could enjoy a fun evening at the fair with his family. She got his picture anyway... He appreciated the gesture though.

Whenever I see him at starbucks, I just give him the head nod, and he smiles and throws it right back. Cool guy, throws a helluva toys for tots block party every year. Can't wait again for this year!

Michael Jackson on the other hand...got me kicked out of a store because he wanted to go shopping with all his kiddies. It was probably his posse that did that, but it still left a sour taste in my mouth.

I accidently (not literally, fortunatly!) ran into David Warrick while getting some water, waiting to do the parade for SWW, to which he just looks up at me and just says "Man your tall!" :lol

Think you mean Warwick Davis and yes I too concur that he is a nice guy, in fact his whole family is.

Michael Jackson on the other hand...got me kicked out of a store because he wanted to go shopping with all his kiddies. It was probably his posse that did that, but it still left a sour taste in my mouth.
Yea, he did the same thing to us one time at Disney Land. :angry

The bizarre part was he was "disguised" as a clown, handing out balloons to the kids by the Castle...he stood out like a sore thumb due to the fact that Disney Land does not have clowns......especially ones that look like Micheal Jackson.

Phil Collins was there that day as well, in fact, I think he's shorter than Trent Rezonr, but his 3 body guards had their own flashing beacons on their heads to warn low flying aircraft.

The only thing bigger than his body guards was Phil's neon pink and orange, day-glow hat, that had a bill the length of an aircraft carrier.

Strange day to say the least... :confused

Worst: Jessica Alba when she was on Dark Angel. The most stuck up, self absorbed, whiny beez I've ever come across.

Best: Tom Selleck - One of the most ridiculously polite and friendly people I've ever met. He actually thanked my sister for asking for his autograph.

Think you mean Warwick Davis and yes I too concur that he is a nice guy, in fact his whole family is.

Yea, I keep mixing his name up! Can't get it straight for some reason.

The funny thing was he spooked me when that happend, cause the week prior I had watched all the leprachan movies he was in :lol

I didn't expect that happening at SWW

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back