Celebrity jerks?

I was at Wizard World Austin several years back and saw first hand how rude Lou Ferigno could be.

Flip side? Aaron Douglas, Tyrol from Battlestar Galactica, was great. Tried to buy my Bizarro shirt off of me. The artist George Perez was awesome. I cam up to him when he was taking a break from signing. I mentioned that it was my first con and I was about to leave to drive back to Mississippi and he offered to sign my Crisis on Infinite Earths poster that had survived a house fire, even though it was technically a break time for him. His wife was sweet two.

But the most pleasent? Noel Neil, Lois Lane from the Adventures of Superman. She signed a picture for me, asked about my shirt (again, the Bizarro Superman one) and came around the table to take a picture with me. So sweet!

Greetings,

I just posted this in another thread but it seemed especially appropriate here...

Douchebag.jpg

'Nuff Said!

-Peace-

I've met a good amount of celebrities the only celebrity who was a total dick was Burt Reynolds. He stood behind a fence while he had his body guard give out autographs he signed. I was at a Make A Wish thing. I guess he thought we were all infected or something. I've noticed most managers are dicks too. That sounds like a cool job if you ask me! :lol

Greetings,

I should have posted this earlier. He's hardly a celebrity but the leader singer from the band Gwar? I have forgotten his name.
Total ****** if EVER there was one...just ask any woman unfortunate enough to have slept with him. I have met two of them and aside from their OBVIOUS drug addictions they also share identical stories on the type of scumbag he is. Met him and one of the women at a comicon in Toronto a few years back. The experience of dating him was related to me as "not unlike contracting syphallus".

(THEIR words...not mine!)

-Peace-

Last edited:
I met Peter Steele at the Murat in Indianapolis. He was a super cool guy.

Apart from the fact that I also met TON prior to a concert (long time ago) there's this live video / backstage pranks DVD and it clearly shows what wonderfully immature jerks the bandmembers are. I love TON.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4

I met Chris Farley at a club(obviously before his passing), super nice guy & he acts exactly the way he does as he does in most of his movies regarding his Mannerisms.

On the downside I also met Wesley Snipes at the peak of his popularity when he was doing those Blade films at the same club too, & he was a world class JERK to say the least. He has an Asian fetish & tried getting one of our friends to go with him to an after party & when she asked if the rest of us could go he obviously said no & had us pushed out of his table service area which doesn't work so well since we had our table first & he's the one that came after us.

I've met a few... Mostly they are nice because its their business to be nice at a convention or whatnot... But my Wife was chewed out once by Anthony Daniels When she took a picture of him sitting at a signing table with a huge line... SHe was more intrigued by the line then him (she is SO NOT a SW geek), but he stopped the signing stood up and went over to my wife and berated her for 10 minutes like she had stolen his puppy or something.

Mark Hammil - Good dude, and FUNNY as heck.
James Dohan (RIP) - complete gentleman.
Richard LeParmentier - General Motti - whatever his name was who got choked by Vader - Jacka$$. Very unpleasant human being

like anything else in the human experience they may have been having bad or good days... but first impressions matter ;)

Jedi Dade

Reading posts about whos a jerk who isnt, you get torn, thinking there regular people as well, good and bad days .Even though they are selling themselves for the business ,they still are people. But as you read you see the same ones over and over who are cool and who are total ASSES and full of themselves.Out to just make a buck, i dont expect them to be best friends,but you figure you spend easy 25-50,to get into a show,plus 25 and up for a autograph ,and then charge me $30 to take a pic with me ,they can put away their bad day for a few. Ive meet a few (D.Prowse, Lisa Marie) one time i thought super cool,next time i thought total douches, But there seems to be the ones constantly are real pieces of work, my #1 top p.o.s. is LINDA BLAIR, and the thing is 10 -15 years ago she was much nicer . I noticed might not be case for everyone,someone who was hot years and years ago, fell off earth then made a movie or 2 , are the worst as well. Theres always the male actors who are horn dogs,checking out every female couldnt care about anything else, then the females who think they are all that and a bag of chips. I stay away from them ,like the plague. I have to say the coolest ,best ever person i meet and over a long time span without a doubt and there are a few, but #1 is GEORGE TAKEI SULU,, never seen or heard one negitive ever. Also one who i thought would be bitchy ,but was nice Adrienne Barbeau . this is just my opinion,agree or not.

It's an old topic, but I'll add one here I will never forget... I was at a (local) convention in Portland, OR and one of the 'celebrities' who were signing was Herbert Jefferson Jr. (Boomer from Classic BSG) and there was a severely handicapped young man who really wanted his autograph, but he was charging $20 for it (okay, that part is fine... but it gets worse)....

The Handicapped person was in a full on mobil transport where he had to be more or less leaned back in, so it was more than a wheel chair, but with much effort, he was able to get his wallet out to get some money... he only had about $12...

Instead of Jefferson being a decent man and taking the $12 for the guy who obviously was a big fan (of his character at least), and giving the young man an autograph and making him happy, he decided to 'help' the young man by taking his wallet and looking through it for additional money... after a failed attempt, he told the young man "sorry, you don't have enough' and instructed him to find more....

Had he done "the right thing" and given the autograph, hell, I would have offered up the $8 to pay him, but after seeing that display first hand, not only did I instantly dislike him, but refused to have him sign a photo for me....

That, my friends, is a first class jerk...

Dave

he decided to 'help' the young man by taking his wallet and looking through it for additional money... after a failed attempt, he told the young man "sorry, you don't have enough' and instructed him to find more....
Dave

Wow... that's about as Ralph LowRent as you can get. Someone should have beat him with a rubber hose for that. Zero class.

I ran the photobooth for Galacticon in Houston this year and I can say the original cast are certainly fussier than the newer cast. They want their money and they want the right amount.

The newer cast are more fun loving, fan involved and seem to be more open and friendlier.
I know with age comes some needs etc but everyone was a blast to work with.

You get good days and bad with con celebrities but Herb Jefferson Jr seemed to cross the line there.
Then again the con may have said 'no freebies' and he was making sure he wasn't missing out...but that may be stretching it.

I ran the photobooth for Galacticon in Houston this year and I can say the original cast are certainly fussier than the newer cast. They want their money and they want the right amount.

The newer cast are more fun loving, fan involved and seem to be more open and friendlier.
I know with age comes some needs etc but everyone was a blast to work with.

You get good days and bad with con celebrities but Herb Jefferson Jr seemed to cross the line there.
Then again the con may have said 'no freebies' and he was making sure he wasn't missing out...but that may be stretching it.

Screw that. No excuses. The guy could have taken money out of his own pocket. What does he do when he's not making con appearances?

I don't know... in my opinion, if these people are making a living on attending cons because of the success they had from one role in a show/movie then they should be greatful there are people willing to see them at all.

It's an old topic, but I'll add one here I will never forget... I was at a (local) convention in Portland, OR and one of the 'celebrities' who were signing was Herbert Jefferson Jr. (Boomer from Classic BSG) and there was a severely handicapped young man who really wanted his autograph, but he was charging $20 for it (okay, that part is fine... but it gets worse)....

The Handicapped person was in a full on mobil transport where he had to be more or less leaned back in, so it was more than a wheel chair, but with much effort, he was able to get his wallet out to get some money... he only had about $12...

Instead of Jefferson being a decent man and taking the $12 for the guy who obviously was a big fan (of his character at least), and giving the young man an autograph and making him happy, he decided to 'help' the young man by taking his wallet and looking through it for additional money... after a failed attempt, he told the young man "sorry, you don't have enough' and instructed him to find more....

Had he done "the right thing" and given the autograph, hell, I would have offered up the $8 to pay him, but after seeing that display first hand, not only did I instantly dislike him, but refused to have him sign a photo for me....

That, my friends, is a first class jerk...

Dave

I worry about my personal behaviour if I get into such situations. Id really struggle to keep my cool. Unfortunate as id be the one kicked out but you know. Cant stand disrespectful pieces of trash. Its definitly at the top of my peeve list with the public. Being british im used to it.
J

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Screw that. No excuses. The guy could have taken money out of his own pocket. What does he do when he's not making con appearances?
Different cons have different rules and requirements for guests.
Some guests get paid a flat rate plus travel and hotel and the convention keeps all the autograph money.
Some guests keep a percentage of the autograph money plus travel and hotel etc.
It differs depending on how the guest and the con come to the agreement.

Sure he could have taken funds out of his own pocket (and I mean $8 is nothing really) but I'm just thinking of ways this wasn't how it seemed.
But like I said 'I may be stretching it' and now I've thought on it....it 'is' a stretch.

I met Herbert a few years ago at a con when he was seated next to Richard Hatch. Herbert was cool, Richard was very cool. They both took turns telling me a humorous story as their tables at that moment were empty.
I liked Richard a lot more but I didn't get a bad vibe from Herbert at all.
But then my wife once did a location shoot with Lou Ferigno and she said he was the sweetest guy on the set, and yet at cons he can be a real.........

I find that whole "the con made me" stuff to be garbage. As the celeb guest you're an attraction for a crowd (to varying degrees of course) but if it were me and my handler tried to give me a hard time about giving someone in that condition a discount or free autograph they'd get an earful from me. That's when to use your status to your advantage. "I'M the attraction here and if I want to give one or two free autographs out I will or you can forget me coming back."

If they wanted to push it I'd tell the poor kid when I'm on break and meet him for an autograph and picture. I have extended family with disabilities and I'll be damned if I'm not going to make that kid's day special. Celebs are NOTHING without their fans. How many people are able to make money just by virtue of people wanting to meet them?

/RANT

Even if it was a situation where the celeb gets a flat fee and the con takes the rest of the proceeds from the signings (which is something I've never heard of a celebrity agreeing to), all he had to do was make a dot with the sharpie in a corner, say "oops, this one's 'damaged',", then sign it and give it to the kid.

Celebs screw up pics all the time and they usually get thrown away so it would've been an easy out for him if he'd been feeling charitable.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back