Celebrity jerks?

I met John Astin (Gomez from The Addam's Family series) and his son Sean Astin (Sam Wise from LOTR) one night. They were helping a couple who had just been involved in a hit and run collision. I stood by with them and the couple until a tow truck arrived, and we all just talked about some of the films they'd been in. Both were really nice guys and very humble.

I also met Clay Guida (UFC fighter) at a bar in Hermosa Beach on New Year's Eve and partied with him til the bar closed. You would think he would be cocky and aggressive, but he also turned out to be a really cool. Not only did he let people take photos of him, he also had his own camera and shot tons of pics with him and anyone who wanted to say hi.

Worst: Jessica Alba when she was on Dark Angel. The most stuck up, self absorbed, whiny beez I've ever come across.

+1111111111111111111111111111

I felt bad for my friend....he sat next to her in some award show...She was with a friend and she was texting on her phone and taking picture like crazy of herself haha. well, the award show worker came to talk to her about her cues and she wouldnt let him talk..she completely ignored him...then she told him he was a moron and that she didnt need to hear his advice. well supposedly, she screwed up and the worker got yelled at

+1111111111111111111111111111

I felt bad for my friend....he sat next to her in some award show...She was with a friend and she was texting on her phone and taking picture like crazy of herself haha. well, the award show worker came to talk to her about her cues and she wouldnt let him talk..she completely ignored him...then she told him he was a moron and that she didnt need to hear his advice. well supposedly, she screwed up and the worker got yelled at

Hell, I would have called her out

Worst one for me was Luke Goss. It was only a chance encounter to be fair. This was at the time of Bross his god awful late 80's boy band.
Me and some girlfriends were in a big London toy store Hamleys, the girls were all really into Bross but just turned into puddles in front of him and pushed me to ask him for an autograph. I myself would have much rather burned him alive where he stood for crimes against the artistic medium of music. But being a gentleman (at the time) did what they asked. He blanked me and looked at his bricksh1thouse of a bouncer who proceeded to try and manhandle me a fifteen year old.

Best experience was undoubtably meeting Peter Steele lead singer and Bass player for Type O Negative. Met him backstage at Castle Donnington monsters of rock. I knew he was big but nothing prepared me for when he walked into the signing tent. I was just dumbstruck, probably stupid to say but it was like being in the presence of a superman. I think he could tell I was a little unnerved but straight away he tried to put me at ease. I was wearing a t-shirt with an infamous occult personality on it and he spotted it straight away and said "I want that shirt". Only thing I could think to say was "what to wear as a glove?" Don't think I've ever heard someone with such a deep yet at the same time filled with warmth laugh since then. I'll stop now 'cause I'm getting a bit emotional.

Not another one of these.

I'm sure everyone of you is polite and congenial to everyone you meet everyday in every circumstance of life.

Can't you folks let these folks have a bad day and not ***** about it like a bunch of old ladies.

Sure can but I resent nearly having my arm torn off by a grown man (a huge one at that) on the orders of a prima donna, when I was only fifteen.

I cant really say ive met any really nasty celebs but Mike Tyson seemed a bit full of it and wouldnt talk to anyone not even a smile when someone said hello.
I did meet Peter Mayhew once who turned out to be a really nice bloke, I was outside having a smoke still wearing nearly full stormtrooper armour and hear a voice say "excuse me could i please get through to sit down" i turned around to see Peter looking very exhausted, he sat down next to me lit a smoke and started chatting away, , i guess someone as tall as him with his health problems would get a little cranky sitting down all day.
2 of the really nice ones ive met are Jeremy Bulloch, a really nice bloke who will chat away for ages to anyone, & Daniel Logan who was just a ball of star wars energy and seems to love the conventions and being at them.

Best, Linda Blair. Her and I had a wonderful conversation at Chicago Comic Con about how all the proceeds from her autographs were going to an animal shelter she volunteers at.

worst, Ryan Sandburg. I ran into him in Chicago back when he played for the Cubs. I had one of his cards on me (just bought it a few blocks away) and asked if he would sign it. He looked at me like I had grown a second head and told me to "buzz off" only he didn't say buzz.

most of the celebs I have met have been great, and truly like their fans.

Craig Charles from Red Dwarf is a great guy also Robert Englund was really, really polite, he seemed a real genuine great guy! Was not too impressed with Patrick Stewart. Also met Seymour Butts, spent a good hour chatting to him but thats another story, lol.

Best: Pete Wentz (Fall Out Boy) and his wife Ashley Simpson. We were at his bar in Chicago and he just popped in, noticed I was wearing a hoodie from his clothing company and started chatting it up. Super nice guy. The dudes from The Plain White Tees were there too drinking $5 PBR lol.

Worst: Tony Hawk. Very arrogant.

My most memorable was....Well, I don't want to mention any names, but it rhymes with...Yngwie Malmsteen.

It involved him throwing a full-on b***h-fit tantrum because his runners couldn't find Swedish cigarettes in the middle of Orange County, California, and an innocent female walking in on said "celebrity" putting on a girdle in the unlocked bathroom that was doubling as a makeshift dressing room and the hilarity that ensued. :lol

Good times. ;)

And I hear that he doesn't like doughnuts.

A jerk, you really want to meet a real jerk: meet Michael Dorn - 'nuff said.

Well.....can you blame him?

Worst: Ridley Scott. Holy crap was that a disaster. 10 good dedicated supporting folks pay over the amounts of $1,000-$2,000 each to attend an event where he was the host and boy did he ever act like he wanted out of there.

Best: Glen Close. Best friendliest customer ever!

Met Kevin Costner once in a bar and he was very cool. He was just hanging out playing pool like one of the guys.

Patrick Dempsey too. He puts on a benefit race in Maine every year and he is very approachable.

I hear Beverly Crusher is a real gem, but that's just hearsay. Always wondered if it's true though.

Back when I used to be in the bar business we had to throw Judd Nelson out of the club I worked at. He was drunk, but you could tell he was a ginormous ***** even sober.

I've only dealt with one C-List...or D, I don't know...celeb. This guy Aries Spears from that MadTV show. He was in the club I used to run security for. End of the night, we are clearing guys out and his "buddy" comes up asking if they can wait for the crowd to clear completely. "This is my boy, Aries from MadTV" Oh, that's nice. Well, you and your boy have to beat feet. "Well, I don't want him getting mobbed by anyone as we leave." Well, if you did not tell me who he was, I would not know. I think you are safe.

Aries made nowhere near the stink his cronie did about leaving. He took the hideous chick he was flirting with and left, shaking hands of me and my guys on the way out. We did give him the courtesy of an extra eye. Usually, it is the hangers on that are the issue.

Steven Spielberg and Kate Capshaw - Met them at Starbucks both nice and cordial
George Lucas - Met him at "A Night with George Lucas", he signed autographs, so that was cool
Harold Ramis - Nice and unaware that people know who he is
John Voit - SUPER NICE guy and very friendly
Mel Gibson - very strange and not very personable
Ron Howard - nice and down to earth
Bob Gale - Extremely friendly, loves the BTTF fans
Adam Sandler - quiet and kept to himself but likes to talk about his movies
Dennis Miller - Very intelligent and a pretty private person but nice
Chris Farley - he was just like his characters on SNL, amped up and always "on"
Jeremy Bulloch - Very nice and loves to talk about Boba Fett (Empire is his favorite BTW)
David Prowse - not very happy at the time I met him, but not mean
Christopher Lloyd - smelled like he smokes a lot, nice guy though
Lea Thompson - HOT and very nice and witty
Tom Wilson - complete a-hole and he hates BTTF
Kane Hodder - not as big as I thought he would be but very cool
Nick Castle - super nice guy but he is a professed communist (seriously!)
Sylvester Stallone - nice, friendly but short
Sean Astin - very friendly and loves to talk about his family

those are just a few but who knows what they are really like in thier personal lives

Last edited:
Too many to tell the full stories on, but...

My wife has a lot of requests for autographs from forum users online, almost like a little business she does when she goes to conventions.

Anthony Daniels
Wife was dropping over $200 on his table for autographs and she kindly asked that he sign a few in black and some in the silver sharpie she had.
His response 'I'll sign them in the color I want'

Peter Mayhew
Again wife was dropping almost $300 on his table and had requests from people to sign in certain colors and certain places. Needless to say he didn't like it and made his feelings known.

Hayden Pienieterre (SP, the one from Heroes)
Again had a large sum to put down on her table, totally unprofessional and VERY rude

This one was from a friend, but the guy who plays/ed DATA in TNG
He was at D*Con this year and while he was signing my friend asked what he was doing without himself lately.
His response 'I'm not asking you what you do so I'm going to to answer with what I do'
Handed him the autograph and turned the other way.

The Daniels and Mayhew incident has been on more than one occasion, but we must understand that these people are humans like everyone else and have on and off days.

David Prowse - jerk at C3 but my wife sat with him in Dallas a few years later and had a GREAT time. Try to avoid using your only meeting with them to define who they are....it may have just been a bad day or a bad moment.
But still...you're paying them cash to sign their name.....is smiling and having a quick chat so much to ask?

Now if you want to know about cool people to meet...

Cast of Firefly/Serenity - VERY fan orientated!!!

I'm actually surprised that John Voit is a nice guy. The A-hole characters he's played in movies seemed like they were very easy shoes for him to fill.

I'm glad I was wrong as he really is one of the greats.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back