Tron Legacy-Baton and Deluxe Disc

BlackMarketMagi

So I just picked up both of these at Target and first off the instructions sheets are just plain awful.

The baton doesn't work, at least not well. There are 2 buttons one to open a door,which works, the other a release, not so much. I just plan on displaying it but jeez it would be nice if it worked.

The disc, seems to have similar issues, with no instructions on the actual functions. In demo mode, you can get sounds/lights by pushing the button. In on position, you get initial lights and then it seems to be impact activated.

Anyone else have similar issues? Seems they could have laid it out a little better

yeah they have everything tonight at Target. all the figures look terrible in likeness....similar to all the other recent one like Indy, iron man etc. the lightcycles look good but otherwise terrible stuff.

i took the baton apart, a spring was out of it's groove, so problem solved. The Disney store also sells the baton although on the package at Target is says only available at Target. So much for truth in advertising,ha.

This thread is really useless without pictures.Would like to see some of the problems and functionality of these pieces.

Well, the Wal-marts in canada have a few of the figs, but no Die-cast or props yet. None of the other stores I've seen have anything else.

I could post pics, but the question was is anyone having similar problems. If they were, of course, then they would have the props as well and no pics would be necessary. I'll take some later tonight though just to be thorough; but first I have to go to the Fallout: New Vegas launch party! Sweetness!

Pics of the fix could have been useful to anyone else with the issue and pics of the issues would be useful to anyone on the fence about buying them. Anything is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there some "off the shelf" LED light rope that I can take the LED's out of the plastic cord and use a small powered controller to have my SpinToys Deluxe Tron disc lights/sound activated to put next to my stereo? That would be cool even though it would be tethered to a wired source and it'd eliminate the sounds from the orig toy.

Just picked one of these up from Target

The disk appears a bit on the small size, anyone else feel this way?

Is there some "off the shelf" LED light rope that I can take the LED's out of the plastic cord and use a small powered controller to have my SpinToys Deluxe Tron disc lights/sound activated to put next to my stereo? That would be cool even though it would be tethered to a wired source and it'd eliminate the sounds from the orig toy.

Just picked one of these up from Target

The disk appears a bit on the small size, anyone else feel this way?

Well from what I figured, it's not the whole disc that's smaller. To me, it's the inner portion of the disc that seems to be smaller. I think they may have modified the main body to make it accommodate not just the batteries and LED, but the electronics that make it have sound.

The only real way to be certain is if someone actually got the dimensions of the ID discs used in the film so we can compare it. But then again, it's possible that the toy company made it smaller, like how all companies make toy versions of props smaller.

The Deluxe toy disc is 8.5 inches which according to Disney Archives was the Hero female sized discs. Of course this size changed during the film for Quorra, but that is what SpinMaster used as thier base for the kids toy.

I have both and love em. For wanting the baton note that you have to hole down BOTH buttons and push the two ends together to make the light bike shoot out......

So the baton doesn't light up? :confused
Pardon my ignorance as I haven't seen the movie yet (yes, I know, I know!) but was the baton a prominant piece in the movie? I would just think it would light up so that it could be a display companion with the deluxe disk.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back