Rocketeer props from 1991 MGM studios

Yeah, thats what happened to the one that had the door off I believe.. which was originally on the studio tour next to the other version you see today. Disney thought it would be a magnificent idea to reuse it as a drink stand display...bloody geniuses working for that park...

4458500439_aae3dec8b7.jpg

FYI, I'm going to be going to Disney World just after Christmas, and I'll be getting pics of the Rocketeer gear at the backlot. LMK if ya'll need specific shots.

I'll go by that drink stand and see if anything's there, I never saw it before, but I'll look

-TC

I believe Hollywood Studios also has an exibit called "Walt Disney: One Man’s Dream" that is supposed to have some Rocketeer stuff in it.

Another view, better resembles the FOTN ship from this angle...
MK3.jpg

Aaaahhh..there it is, I see it now. What a shame.....

I believe Hollywood Studios also has an exibit called "Walt Disney: One Man’s Dream" that is supposed to have some Rocketeer stuff in it.

Funny thing is that I've been there so many times, and I've never gone through there. Should still be there, and if so, I'll take a look

I loved watching the Rocketeer as a kid and now have shown my children and they loved it
there's something so simple about it, yet so amazing ............ that want to be able to fly I suppose
thanks for posting

Alright, going to Disney tomorrow, got the batteries charging. LMK If there are any other specific spots you guys want photographed, dosn't have to be Rocketeer related even!

I have some of both. I'll search my photo archives when I get home and post what I have. Both were photographed a lot when I have been at DW. I will be returning in March!

Eric

Alright, well I got alot of pics today. I took as many as I could while at the backlot tour warehouse, tried my best to get quality zoom shots of what I could see. Pissed off alot of people in the process. I also got a few pics of two props from that movie surrogates.

I was happy to find a well displayed rocket pack in the walt Disney legacy area. I got ALOT of pics, got it from alot of different angles, zooms, with/without flash. Tried to get it all within my limits.

On top of that, they had a random original Tron helmet right next to it, and got quite a few detailed shots of those. Unfortunatly, I won't be able to upload them tonight because I may have forgotton to bring my camera cable to transfer to my laptop. I'll be making a seperate image thread for them.

Was the worst time I've ever spent at Disney

I know I said I had more, but I honestly cannot find any more than this one. The other ones I did find were too fuzzy to be of any use.

101_0219.jpg

I am going back in March and have a good zoom on my camera. Let me know if there is anything you want a closeup of and I will get it.

Eric

Since you know disney world pretty well, is there a rocketeer pack on display in a restaurant? Some-one told me there was a rocketpack displayed in a restaurant along with Jenny's photo from the gee bee...

Not sure if this has been answered yet, but they do have a rocketeer pack on display at the Sci-Fi Dine in Theater. It's in the left hand hallway when you get seated, pretty high up on the wall in a glass case. I actually saw it a few days after you posted while on my honeymoon. :) I'll see if I can find the pics I snapped of it when I get home from work.

Not sure if this has been answered yet, but they do have a rocketeer pack on display at the Sci-Fi Dine in Theater. It's in the left hand hallway when you get seated, pretty high up on the wall in a glass case. I actually saw it a few days after you posted while on my honeymoon. :) I'll see if I can find the pics I snapped of it when I get home from work.

I have been in there three times and they always send me down the right side. :(

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back