Star Trek Assault Phaser P1 mod

-E-

Ever since I got my MR assault phaser last year I thought the P1 was sort of boring. I've been meaning to try to "Trek" it up a bit and I finally got the chance. It's nothing major but I think it looks a lot nice.

I had some metal looking label paper hanging around so I cut that out and made the trigger button out of it. I wanted to retain the glow effect of the white square on the top so I decided to make it a power meter, similar to the First Contact phaser. Lastly I picked a small piece of sheet metal at the local arts and crafts store for the emitter. I cut it to fit and then scored it with my hobby knife. I experimented with painting the emitter some different colors but I ultimately went with the black/silver look that the P2 has.

Overall it came out pretty well and I think it looks a lot better than it used to.

That came out nice and I agree, I think it was kind of boring.

Now that I've seen how good it can come out with not too much work, I'm really going to have to think about doing it on mine.

Thanks for sharing.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back