Spiderman Reboot: Rhys Ifans cast as The Vulture??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet Beetle

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
I heard he was cast as a baddy - my buddy says it's the Vulture.... Hmmmm

Hmmmm..... Hmmmm....

I hope it's not Vulture. I know Raimi wanted him, but I don't have interest in seeing him, other than some spectacular air combat scenes.

Here's a quote from AICN
Keeping mum on the whole deal, director Mark Webb did state that it was after seeing Ifans' turn in the upcoming film ANONYMOUS that the decision was made to cast him as the lead villain. It was Ifans' ability to "embody both warmth and rage" that made him "an ideal choice for this character." Sounds like the Jekyll & Hyde personality of Curt Connors, no?

I'm hoping it's Lizard.

I hope it's not Vulture. I know Raimi wanted him, but I don't have interest in seeing him, other than some spectacular air combat scenes.

Here's a quote from AICN

I'm hoping it's Lizard.

I think it is the Lizard..I heard from a little bird it maybe the lizard

Deadline.com is also reporting he is The Lizard- I feel bad for te guy who waited in line for the chance in the Sam Raimi films.

Deadline.com is also reporting he is The Lizard- I feel bad for te guy who waited in line for the chance in the Sam Raimi films.

Yeah, they set that up really well in the films. I was really disappointed they didn't follow through with it. They set Harry up to become Hobgoblin and dropped the ball with that too in my humble opinion...

I wish they'd hammer out the general arc for the new Spidey films (multiple films) beforehand so that the sequels aren't just tacked on later with no real thought given to where they're going. I think that's the problem with so many so-called "franchises"... they spend so much time just winging it in the writing that you wind up with one good film and then a steadily degrading series of sequels.

I'm not surprised that the bad guy will be Lizard, if true. They've been rumoring that since spidey 3. Can Ifans pull off Connors? I have my doubts.

Why did you feel he need to post on a thread two years old about an actor cast for a part for a movie that's already been out months and is already out on DVD? Did you think that we didn't have this crucial piece of information on what character was in the movie? Really?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back