Cross Punisher NEW PICS 19/JUL/2011

UPDATE

Sorry for the delayed post. My puppy got sick so I've been up with him all weekend. Got some stuff done for the cross arms.

2011-06-12162606.jpg

2011-06-12162632.jpg

2011-06-12200752.jpg

2011-06-12200805.jpg

2011-06-12194406.jpg

My wall of references:
2011-06-12192335.jpg

I'll be cutting the details into the cross arm piece sometime today. Didn't get a picture of it last night. More to follow. Thanks for the support so far!

*SIDE NOTE*
Finally got to watch the Trigun movie. Nothing too exciting. Just a really long side story that didn't fit in with the anime because they based it off of the manga. Too much CG in my opinion as well. It's supposed to be anime, not a cheap Sci-Fi channel movie. Wolfwood was a beast as usual though. They should just make a season 2.

Last edited:
UPDATE

Not too much to post about. Finally got some PVC pipe for the panels and started the rough cuts of the detailing inside the arms.

2011-06-18233344.jpg

2011-06-18235550.jpg

Re: Cross Punisher NEW PICS 19/JUN/2011

Holy crap. I've never seen Trigun, but you caught 100% of my attention with this project. If you can pull this off with all cabling, you are thee BOSS. I am very much looking foward to seeing this finished!

Thanks for the positive feedback superDrool. I am working as quickly as possible with the amount of off time the Army gives me to finish this. I will have 2 straight weeks in August to work on it, which is when most of the assembly will take place.

Quick update. After I complete this version, I probably won't do it again because it is such a hassle. I have to do everything 10 times and it's taking forever. Version 2 and 3 seem easier somehow. Won't know until I get there.

Got the left side details done, started on the right but didn't get a pic of it:

2011-06-24193750.jpg

2011-06-24193813.jpg

Re: Cross Punisher NEW PICS 25/JUN/2011

Very, very cool.:cool This would go nicely with my scratch built Vash gun.
Keep it up.:thumbsup

Thanks for the support! The right side is almost done. Just need to finish the panels. I will have to wait until payday to buy the pieces for the handgun deployment parts, but I will be working on the exterior until then. Can't set the panels in place until I have the deployment systems installed between them.

Hey guys. Haven't been able to work on this since the last post. Hopefully I will make come cuts tomorrow or Monday.

My guess is that will be the hinge that your handguns flip out on. I cant wait to see how this comes out, I was a big fan of the series. Wolfwood's cross was always my favorite weapon.

Balance seems like it is gonna be tough to figure out, I hope the weight doesn't put too much strain on the disc grip which already seems uncomfortable to hold.

Yes I had to move to a small apartment ad I have no room for a large workshop right now. That and I'm about to deploy to Afghanistan in May so I'm focusing on smaller projects right now.

Wow, no worries man. Props would be the last thing on my mind if I was getting deployed to Afghanistan. Stay safe man and thank you for your service. :thumbsup
Yes I had to move to a small apartment ad I have no room for a large workshop right now. That and I'm about to deploy to Afghanistan in May so I'm focusing on smaller projects right now.

I tried to do this same project, but a hybrid of the versions. Right arm for six Commander guns, leg a machine gun, head nerf dart and left for storage. I'll see if I can get the schematics I whipped up.
Wanted to do this in all aluminum, but with some calculations the covers would weigh in the 80lbm+, using magnesium wouldn't be much better. Plastic molding is the only alternative to get the weight down enough for the whole thing to be under 40lbm [I hope].
The handle assembly will need to be made of cast aluminum to support the weight of it all in the ball bearing cage it pivots on, as well as functioning triggers. Started saving up cans and made a foam mold to make the piece in a homemade foundry.
Started modifying six sets of Airsoft Colt 1911 years ago [which now I know is the wrong gun] to make a mock up of the internals of the right arm.
Sadly, I sidebared the whole project to get the distraction out of my life to hopefully get my degree in mechanical engineering. That was three years ago. Didn't get my bachelors and still can't find work to pay off the substantial debt college left me. I'll gladly help in/on this project in any way that I can.
Was also working on a confessional that was spring loaded, so it could possibly fit inside a coat pocket and open upon release. Didn't get the schematics done for this design however, seeing as the cross is the real eye catcher.

Last edited:
Any progress on this? I was telling a friend of mine about it and we both thought it was just a mental idea. Just wanted to see if you'd updated it or anything.

Any progress on this? I was telling a friend of mine about it and we both thought it was just a mental idea. Just wanted to see if you'd updated it or anything.

No progress. Project was put on hold after several moves and hiccups in the planning. It's boxed up somewhere, but college life and a son on the way has put most of my larger projects on hold. Sorry to disappoint.

-The Truth is Out There-

It's been almost 3.5 years since I've updated this thread. I have been blowing the dust off of my kits and projects that have been stored since I last worked on them.

The cross punisher was water damaged beyond repair, so that will have to be started from scratch again.

I started working on the pistols again, though. I picked up a recast of the Poseidon kit years ago from a member (I believe it was a Rook copy before he passed away), and I bought a Colt Commando bb gun to modify based off of the Rook copy.

First things first, I started boring out the slide ports. Rook's is on top.

My plan for this project is to modify the bb gun as far as possible, then cast in resin and finish the mods. Final kits, if I decide to sell any in the end, will be solid casts. That's a ways away from here, though. Wish me luck!

-Josh

afc575c7543b1b62031c5848150686df.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back