Bad Seller Alert!! TOSPHASER

DrkMatter

TOSPHASER aka Bruce Boyd has owed me for a prop purchase since last December.
I've got nothing but empty promises & excuses for being patient and giving him all the time he said he needed.
When it looked like nothing was going to happen, I asked for a refund.

So now, he hides.:rolleyes

I'm not going away until you refund what you were paid Bruce!
It's a shame he decided to go the route of the bad seller.
I never would have believed it until it happened to me.
He was always one of the better dealers, until now.
It really ripped me apart that he would do this.
Until further notice, be warned of Bruce, aka TOSPHASER.
You won't get what you pay for.

Nick

Last edited:
It's sad when this sort of thing happens, mainly because it doesn't have to happen in the first place. If you can't finish it, hey.. it happens. Refund the money, apologize, and everybody moves on.

I've been on the wrong end of deals gone bad, so I know what you're dealing with. Hopefully it can be resolved without too much bloodshed, so to speak.

1. This should probably be in the Prop section.
2. Have you contacted the mods?
3. Was the sale from the JY here?
4. Do you have proof of sockpuppets? (Immediate banning offense)

Oh, and sorry for the predicament.

1. If the mods wish to move this, that's fine.
2. We have been in communication.
3. Yes
4. No, I'm going by what's been said or alluded to on another thread.
But, until I can prove otherwise, I withdraw the sockpuppet allegation.

Still, I know he's reading these words. That will do.

Nick

I had a small problem with him a few months back but he made good and did a 1up when he sent me my stuff. He's a good guy, and even good guys fall on hard times and I believe he's dealing with something along those lines. I think he'll fix this as soon as he can - I have faith in him and I don't have faith in too many.

I agree Jet. Or perhaps I should say I did, before he said he didn't care if I went public with this issue.
I've been waiting since last December. Then it was always something else.
"Almost done.....I'm busy, but very soon, it won't be much longer, it'll be worth the wait. Ooops, I messed up, have to start all over again."

One excuse after another.

Well, like you Jet. I always figured he was a stand up guy. So I didn't worry. I even told him so. Anybody else, I would have worried. But not him....guess he fooled me.

After what I felt was more then enough time, (10 months) I asked for a refund. I understand, life gets in the way. We all bite off more than we can chew at times.
That's when he started becoming evasive.
He PM'ed me.. "I will send you what I can come up with by the end of today." that was 9/15/10.

I'm still waiting; like always, waiting.

Still I waited and hoped he would make good and finally follow through on what he said and promised.

Nothing..........
This was the last thing I wanted to do. But, when the person won't even try to make good. What do you do?

Enough is enough.

Nick

Absolutely Nick - i agree with you. When you pay for something and get only excuses instead what you bought then you should do everything to get what's yours. I'm on your side.

Bruce told me the same things - "don't worry - trying to get it right - oops - I need to redo it" Plenty of time went by - i want to say a year or so, but he did eventually send it to me and guess what, he included some great stuff with it. During the time i was waiting I got the feeling he was juggling other things - more important things with both his money and time. I really hope you get your stuff. I really do like Bruce and consider his work to be excellent because he loves to make the stuff he sells..

Hope you guys don't mind if I chime in here......no excuses I could go on about my issues but it is not about me it is about you Nick!....As I stated the last time we talked I will need to make a few payments to get you paid back, I know you paid in full but it is impossible for me to pay you back that way! :$ as I stated to you I would like to pay you back and still make good with the prop at some point! I have reilized I do take on way too much and have stopped doing anything until I get cought up!
I am at fault buddy and I fully understand....I could hide and just go away like so many others but my rep is worth more than $300 and some change!....let me get you paid back........If no one wants to do any further business with me I fully understand! and I am out of the trying to do a run and taking money up front....it just doesn't work for me!

I will drop you a line in a few days to let you know pay pal is on the way!
I don't expect this to solve how you feel about me but I do expect it to get you paid back!

Bruce

????? yeah because I have time for that! :lol or the need!???

Bruce has always been a standup guy. These things do happen and they stink when they do.

Personally, I think the community benefits when we positively reinforce any attempt to make things right. Bruce is correct, most guys cut and run and kick up internet dust. I think it takes a good person to come here with an explanation and an attempt to make it better. Thankfully, this place has always seemed forgiving.

I also commend DrkMatter for having the courage to speak up. On the other side, keeping each other accountable is CRUCIAL.

Good luck to everyone. I hope you get your chance to make it right Bruce, I think it'd be nice to keep you around here. I also hope DrkMatter gets what he is owed.

Bruce has always been a standup guy. These things do happen and they stink when they do.

Personally, I think the community benefits when we positively reinforce any attempt to make things right. Bruce is correct, most guys cut and run and kick up internet dust. I think it takes a good person to come here with an explanation and an attempt to make it better. Thankfully, this place has always seemed forgiving.

I also commend DrkMatter for having the courage to speak up. On the other side, keeping each other accountable is CRUCIAL.

Good luck to everyone. I hope you get your chance to make it right Bruce, I think it'd be nice to keep you around here. I also hope DrkMatter gets what he is owed.

Thanks for the support for the both of us!........it is crap and it should have ever happened! he will get paid back it will just take some time! :thumbsup

Bruce, good for you for stepping up and being accountable unlike so many others. I have had great service from you and you sent me some small things for free to help out with my TARDIS console build, as well as advice. I appreciate it. Good luck on getting caught up.

Bruce, good for you for stepping up and being accountable unlike so many others. I have had great service from you and you sent me some small things for free to help out with my TARDIS console build, as well as advice. I appreciate it. Good luck on getting caught up.

Hey thanks buddy! I can tell ya Darkmatter has been way nicer than he needs to be! Thanks for that by the way Nick!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back