BATMAN BEGINS Bat-suit Closet

gregday

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I tried this project a couple of years ago, and at the time it was great, but in the past few months I've really been pouring everything into doing it again, doing it right.

This weekend I got the final piece, Dullam's V3 torso totally cleaned up and refined by Inferno.

Nothing I say can put it better than the photos. The glossy bat emblem isn't as contrasted as the pictures make it seem. In the right lighting it doesn't even seem two-tone. It's not overdone, comic-style. It fits in.

The detail on it is superb. It wraps around the side much better than the V2; the full back is gorgeous and muscular. From any angle, it's inspiring. The forearm padding is large, thick, like it should be. Not just filler to keep the gauntlets in place, but a real part of the suit armor just as much as the rest of it. The undersuit is like nothing I've ever seen. Soft, breathable, stretchy, tough, a great match for Kevin's Begins gloves.

I only have one complaint: I want two. I need one for the Begins closet display and one for a full suit on a mannequin. With a suit, cape, and cowl this good, it's criminal to not put them together. Even with just half the Batman standing there, it's presence in the room is iconic. This is so far beyond a "costume" it's ridiculous.

Cowl - real deal, Inferno
Torso - Dullam V3, cleaned, refined and perfected by Inferno
Gauntlets - real deal, Inferno
Cape - 100% accurate, inkmonkey
Boots - Herowares
Closet - scratch-built
Batarangs - steel, accurate, made by synasp

15.jpg

14.jpg

16.jpg

18.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

24.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

30.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

40.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

01.jpg

06.jpg

05.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

That looks really great! What kind of belt?

Mike

That is actually an old picture and I don't have that belt anymore. It was a fully magnetized one from the Bronze Armory. The build quality wasn't that great, and trust me that's the best it's ever looked in any photo so I had to include it.

That is truly an amazing piece of art!!! A stunning collection, and much more than just a superb costume.......

Greg,

A very iconic looking prop.

Did you build the armoire yourself? Have you shared any plans or tips on building one? Is it built from stuff found at a local Home Depot kinda place?

So in your pics the Dullam torso is attached to some type of undersuit? Do you need to do this in order to display it?

I've considered doing something similar but maybe without the armoire. Just have it built into the wall with hidden doors that upon opening reveal the inside of a cabinet like yours.

thanks for sharing!

brad

WOW!

Super sharp and clean looking, it really shows that every piece is made of the highest standards.

GFollano

Greg,
A very iconic looking prop.

Did you build the armoire yourself? Have you shared any plans or tips on building one? Is it built from stuff found at a local Home Depot kinda place?

So in your pics the Dullam torso is attached to some type of undersuit? Do you need to do this in order to display it?

I've considered doing something similar but maybe without the armoire. Just have it built into the wall with hidden doors that upon opening reveal the inside of a cabinet like yours.

I built the closet myself, yes. I didn't keep any really detailed notes, as I was just learning about woodworking when I started and kind of figured it out as I went along. It is built almost entirely from materials found at Lowe's. The metal hardware and decorate ring are custom.

My torso is attached to a (neoprene I believe) undersuit. This is how the movie suits were made, and it provides the basic shirt form structure that the armor is mounted to. The torso is actually 4 pieces: the main sculpted chest/shoulders/abdomen/back part, the 2 forearm armor pieces, and then the neo suit. It has to be made this way so you can move your arms when wearing it, and because the inside of the sculpted armor pull would be rough against your body. So, nothing to do with my particular display, that's just how bat-suits are made.

I love the idea of a hidden suit vault, and that's sort of the idea behind this. It doesn't look too out of place in a home decor, just mostly blends in.

Okay. Let's take my prop collection, your closet, Bob's tumbler and open a museum. Man that looks insane :confused

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back