Harry Potter Props and costumes

Very cool Nimbus :thumbsup .....and my wife just started getting into the books and now i know where to get the wands to start her on her own little collection next to my batman stuff :D

So, I guess without question, Jedireject makes the best Nimbus 2001 broom out there. I'm dying to get him to make me one, but he's very busy with other projects. It's the last item that I need for my Slytherin Quidditch costume. If anyone knows where else to get one, please let me know. Thanks. Hey, maybe if we bug Jedireject enough, he will some how do a run on these. LOL... :D

Originally posted by tekmage3000+Aug 9 2005, 05:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tekmage3000 @ Aug 9 2005, 05:53 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Lan Jenn@Aug 9 2005, 02:51 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Jedireject
@Aug 8 2005, 02:19 AM
[image]http://www.angrydogarmor.com/AngryEvents/HPRelease/Nimbus2001Preview.jpg[/image]

I have a few pictures here of the Nimubs 2001 I made for Brandi.  The pictures are from the Harry Potter Half Blood Prince release.  Brandi did the Quidditch costume as well.
[snapback]1052460[/snapback]​

Where do you people find the time? Good stuff.
[snapback]1053468[/snapback]​

Looks great and that lettering on the broom, good stuff.
[snapback]1053628[/snapback]​
[/b]

Originally posted by glim999@Oct 16 2005, 08:00 PM
My HP stuff can be found here.

Except for the map (which was a gift) I made everything myself
[snapback]1097725[/snapback]​
Hi,

I've never seen a replica chocolate frog around before. I'm just finishing up the artwork for the Honeydukes version of the box and was planning to sculpt a frog to sit inside it. Did you make that yourself, too?

Kevin

Here's two pictures of my Wife's Ravenclaw uniform that she wore at Dragon*Con
Picture006.jpg
Picture007.jpg

I've never seen a replica chocolate frog around before. I'm just finishing up the artwork for the Honeydukes version of the box and was planning to sculpt a frog to sit inside it. Did you make that yourself, too?

Well, kinda :lol It's a plastic frog that I painted a nice chocolate color. So, I didn't make the from but I made it into a chocolate from :)

Originally posted by glim999@Oct 17 2005, 04:36 PM

Well, kinda :lol It's a plastic frog that I painted a nice chocolate color. So, I didn't make the frog but I made it into a chocolate frog :)
[snapback]1098185[/snapback]​
Well it looks pretty accurate so "good job". :) :thumbsup

Thanks. Finding a frog that looked right was the hardest part. I found a lot of tree frogs but very few that looked like leopard frogs in shape

now if the darn things actually worked, that would be great. Being a teacher I could say a few words and the kids would instantly get quiet or turn into frogs or snakes :lol

Hey where can i find one of these plastic frogs to paint? I mean i have seen them before at walmarts and zoo gift shops but which one am i looking for.,color?? And did you make the card its setting on? have a tutorial?
I really like the way it came out. And your wands look great too. I have the Japn set of 3 wands with a stand and the time turner. I also have a screen used wizard portrait now. I wanna get the others wands from Noble, along with Malfoy's wand cane. And the crystalball / elephant stand from Azkaban.
-Goldenrod

Originally posted by glim999@Oct 16 2005, 12:00 PM
My HP stuff can be found here.

Except for the map (which was a gift) I made everything myself
[snapback]1097725[/snapback]​

The card's really not much to look at. It's not very accurate. I just wanted something to set off my frog. It's just a printout, glued to card stock and sprayed with some clear spray (gave it a nice satin finish). I don't have the original graphic any longer but here's a pic of just the card. It's pretty craptacular

dumbledorecard.jpg

As for the frog, I bought a bag of plastic frogs at a dollar store. Most of them had a bumpy texture but 3 or 4 had nice, smooth "skin" so I took those and painted them with a mix of Burnt Umbre and Brown Oxide acrylics. Not too much too it really :)

I did up the art for a blank Wizards card.
Just add text and picture than print.
They appear to have a black piece of plastic sandwiched in the middle.

cardblank.jpg

The side with the discription is the same as the bottom of the box.
I used a near straight on shot of the back of a PoA box than corrected angles, cleaned up the graphics and removed the purple texture to make it an SS/PS version.
The PoA version appear to be larger boxes and cards.

Enjoy
D6

p.s. I'll also post this in the Free Paper Props thread. ;)

Does anyone even begin to know how I would make molds and casts for a Nimbus 2001 broom prop? I guess no one is going to make me one, so I'll have to find a way to make one myself. Any advice would be great.

Grrrr.. cool display, I'm very tempted.

I also want the Lucius cane, Voldemort Wand, and Light-up Harry wand.

There goes my credit card balance again.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back