Star Wars films to get 3D re-release starting in 2012

Re: Star Wars film to get 3D re-release starting in 2012

Ummm... conjecture. It could happen... however, there is no proof. Unless of course you have a link.

I'd say it will at some point. Lucas can't escape the urge to make a buck off starwars fans who seem to take this stuff too seriously.

Saw it myself on G4 tonight. One movie per year, starting with ep 1.

Myself, not overly interested until 2015, anyway.

Poor choice. Nobody wants to see Jar-Jar in 3D... unless it's a video game where you get to kill him.

Hey! How come noone has done that yet?

Why in the heck? I'm sure almost everyone has watched Mr. Plinketts reviews by now.
Sorry Mr. Lucas and good luck, I'm just not interested anymore.

Not that I ever thought it WOULDN'T happen, but I recall someone posting about asking point blank if this was going to happen and the rep from Lucas replied "No, we are not currently planning any more theatrical releases for Star Wars".
I guess this proves that they'll keep trying to milk this cow until they realize that it's a bull.

Not that I ever thought it WOULDN'T happen, but I recall someone posting about asking point blank if this was going to happen and the rep from Lucas replied "No, we are not currently planning any more theatrical releases for Star Wars".
I guess this proves that they'll keep trying to milk this cow until they realize that it's a bull.

I believe that Sansweet, when asked if they had any plans to release a new DVD box set... as for years there was rumors about an uber super edition DVD box set like they did with Indy. He simply said that there were no current plans to release any new DVDs. He didn't rule it out though.
It was already known that this was in the works for years. Lucasfilm just didn't feel there were enough theaters to show it. Flash forward 5 years and everyone is doing 3D now.

Hey, maybe they can improve the prequels. CGI Yoda in Episode I with some re-editing. You never know.

I knew this was going to happen. For an example of making a movie 3D that wasn't shot in 3D look at The Last Airbender, it was so dark I couldn't see anything.

So don't worry about Jar Jar, you won't see him.

Crazy idea I know but........

Re-release the original trilogy in theaters as they originally were released. No special editions, no 3D.

Just Star Wars as it was.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back