Alien diorama

dropshipbob

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I had a thread started on this before, but it was so long ago, and I didn't have much to show back then, starting a new thread seemed best.

I'm not sure what scale you'd call this, or even who made it, the figure is about 5.5-6" tall. The wall is carved out of balsa foam with details made from split loom and sculpey, painted with acrylics. The base is two layers of pine laminated together for thickness. The little black "squiggles" were drawn with 3D paint, these will be blended in and not remain black.

I do have some eggs lined up, just didn't have them handy for the pictures.

I also have working fiber optic lights built into the inside of the helmet, as well as a grain of wheat bulb in the helmet lamp. I also plan to add a working flashlight and the egg that will be in front of Kane will be made from translucent plastic and lit inside to illuminate a small facehugger.

Most of the lights aren't hooked up to power supplies yet, so no photos of that currently, sorry if that's a bit of a tease.

The color on the base was a mix of grays sponged on, and a little bit of a dark green wash here and there.
I'm not sure I'm entirely thrilled with that, but I'm not sure what else to do.
Any suggestions?

dsc023781.jpg

dsc023741.jpg

dsc023761.jpg

This is pretty "egg-sighting"! Looking really good so far. You've done a great job with the painting and the scratch-built wall already.

Your planned eggs and lighting will really make this a great build.

Ted.

really cool!!...im not good modeling but iim preparing a nice space now to start my trials and errors on modelind and i have some ideas for dioramas too.can we see another picture when all is done ..with the eggs.
thanks for sharing!!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back