Supernatural Props.What Ya Got... 4 Years 2010-2014

Re: Supernatural Props.What Ya Got...

Dude, I love the design of your angel blade. Are we talking resin cast/cold cast or are we talking metal/pewter plated cast?

Either way, color me interested.

Chris

Nope. Lost wax metal casting. Either aluminum or nickel/silver depending on whether we want it polished or chromed.

OOOOOOOHHHHHOOOOOOOOO.... dammit I don't know which one I'd go for if I had to choose.

Probably the aluminum. Polishing those thing blades would be a pain in the ass but man it would SHINE once you got finished.

Chrome would be pretty cool as well, but aluminum is safer for me. I tend to drop things, and nothing ruins a good finish like dropping it on the floor.

Side note, got a print in that I forgot to share a (quick, albeit somewhat blurry) pic of :

dWHzVC3.jpg

That's polished nickel from shapeways. I haven't polished it further (but I plan to). I'm probably going to go the cast route though and go pewter. Print lines aside, there's a +/-2mm variation for stainless steel of any kind, and as small as that is, I'd know that my bullets weren't identical and it'd pester the hell out of me. That and I'd be terrified I'd order one and the primer would be too big for the bullet.

Chris

The one pictured is five buttons. If its in used good condition, they probably can't guarantee it's free of writing. I guess you'd have to contact them to make sure.
I'm fairly certain I've emailed them in the past and was told they only have the 5 button bags. However, they may have gotten more used bags in since then that include the 3 button version.

DEAN'S FLASK!
Upon further review of the flasks. There were two very similar flasks. The one we know as "Bobby's flask" is different thank the one from Season 2 episode 13. The one below one is officially "Deans Flask" and I HAVE IT :) .If you look closely (and i know its hard) you will even see the same makers mark on the back. Also take notice of the very different neck and cap that "Dean's Flask" has compared to Bobby's later. Rick will back this up.

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx297/Tenaciousbt/Season2episode13Flask6_zps9b6011e8.jpg
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx297/Tenaciousbt/Season2episode13Flask16_zpsdad0e32f.jpg

TAKE NOTICE OF THE NECK
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx297/Tenaciousbt/Season2episode13Flask11_zpse2d5d609.jpg
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx297/Tenaciousbt/Season2episode13Flask12_zps6623fd36.jpg

NOW CHECK OUT THE LID.
.http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx297/Tenaciousbt/Season2episode13Flask15_zpsc60d65de.jpg

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx297/Tenaciousbt/Season2episode13Flask14_zps7dd298c0.jpg

THESE PICS ARE OF MINE.
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx297/Tenaciousbt/CAM01350_zps329dd5dc.jpg
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx297/Tenaciousbt/CAM01354_zpsbb85acb6.jpg
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx297/Tenaciousbt/CAM01356_zps5660c02e.jpg

Great flask. Where did you find it?

Argh! My bad, I completely mentally switched the 5 and 3-button bags in my head.

False alarm, ladies and gents.

My apologies.

Mine is a 5 button.

I order and sell the Bobby flasks occasionally. But the DEAN Flask I got lucky and found on eBay. It's hard to tell but before there ever was a bobby's flask. Dean had a VERY similar flask, but distinct and different, and made by a company called Scottish Pewter. I just got lucky. :)
Great flask. Where did you find it?

I order and sell the Bobby flasks occasionally. But the DEAN Flask I got lucky and found on eBay. It's hard to tell but before there ever was a bobby's flask. Dean had a VERY similar flask, but distinct and different, and made by a company called Scottish Pewter. I just got lucky. :)

When/if you get more "Bobby" flasks, please let me know. Thanks.

I'm fairly certain I've emailed them in the past and was told they only have the 5 button bags. However, they may have gotten more used bags in since then that include the 3 button version.

I just sent them an email and got a response:

At this time we can not get them. However please sign up for our e-mail blast as when we do get them they will be front page due to their rarity.

I wish legitimate used army surplus wasnt so difficult to find as replica, generic, low quality and rothco seems to be everywhere now.

I wish legitimate used army surplus wasnt so difficult to find as replica, generic, low quality and rothco seems to be everywhere now.

It's not that. There's plenty of original issue 5 button bags around.

The problem with the 3 button version is it wasn't in use for long. It was a bit smaller, and made of a different material which turned out to be not as water-repellent as they'd have liked. The 5 button was made slightly larger, and of a heavier duty material with better water-repellent characteristics.

That's the real problem with finding the 3 button bag. They were made near 50 years ago, and there weren't very many of them (relative to the superseding version) to begin with.

That was actually more of a separate thought about military surplus. I'm very hard pressed to find anything at an "army surplus" store that is authentic surplus and not just a rothco retailer.

The notion is not just limited to Supernatural props.

That was actually more of a separate thought about military surplus. I'm very hard pressed to find anything at an "army surplus" store that is authentic surplus and not just a rothco retailer.

Where do you live?

Here in Canada, military surplus stores are a dime a dozen. I live in a relatively small area, a population of only 5,000, and there's 2 or 3 surplus stores around here packed full of legitimate military items, some used, some still brand new.

I'd actually agree with that. Here in Sydney, there's only 1 truly authentic surplus store, and it's small. The rest (about a dozen) are about 5% surplus (most of which they've had the same stock for 10 years), and the rest is non-issue aftermarket gear, and it's generally crap.

Son of a B|+€#!!!!:eek

I might have just found a guy who has Dean's 3 button duffle bag! He's located in Edmonton.

Not only does he think he has the bag but he might have 2 or 3 of them! :eek

I sent him over a bunch of pictures from this thread ( Rick's Bag) and the guy was certain he has them in his storage!
and believe me I did stress the fact that they have to be 3 buttoned and not 5!

I will update you as soon as I have more info!:D

He's willing to sell all 3 for 75.00!

*crossingmyfingers;)

I might have just found a guy who has Dean's 3 button duffle bag! He's located in Edmonton.

I sent him over a bunch of pictures from this thread ( Rick's Bag) and the guy was certain he has them in his storage!

*crossingmyfingers;)

I'll gladly take one off your hands.

:cool

*crossingmyfingers;)
Id pay 75 for one if you want make your money back real quick, need pics of the one I would be getting if that's the case but either way I'm down.

Be very careful about these duffle bags as a lot of them were made of nylon. Dean's is made of canvas.

Learn em Rick, lol Hey I dont care how much it costs, if someone offers me a bag and I am on their list they will send me video and pics pf the bag which will be sent to Rick and if he says its good then I am buying lol sorry Rick but you deserve it. lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back