"Real" Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle - Update 5.2.15

Re: Custom TMNT costume/mask project - "Real" Mutant Ninja Turtle

Onkel, there was a snapping turtle mutated in the second movie, who had a beak. This should appear very different from that character when you see the finished sculpt though. Tokka (I think that was his name - rahzar was the wolf) actually looked very much like some of the beaked mirage comic turtles:

new_graphic_novel8227.jpg

Tokka.jpg

Ah ok... We never had these comics here in germany, we just had the classic Ninja turtles (all 4 got red masks) and then only the comics based on the toon series in tv...

Ah ok... We never had these comics here in germany, we just had the classic Ninja turtles (all 4 got red masks) and then only the comics based on the toon series in tv...

The artist above was an occasional contributor to the original series you're referring to (all red masks). You must have just missed these issues!

This is crazy cool. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this, because this is a very unique project...

Just promise me one thing, though; when you're finished with it, please make good use of it.

YouTube - PIZZA (REMI GAILLARD)

^^^ I always thought that video would be hysterical if the costumes were extremely realistic. Am I right?

I like it. For some reason it reminds me of Station from Bill & Ted's Bogus Jouney.:lol

That is awesome. I love me some turtles, both the chocolate and ninja kinds, so this is sweet. Now just fill the head with chocolate turtles and it will be a real winner hahaha. Would LOVE to see some progress pics.

Great idea. I've always had a soft spot for the re-designed look the brothers had in Soul's Winter. Looking forward to seeing how your vision turns out.

Finally got to work on this again for a bit tonight! I'm smoothing and shaping, possibly bringing the eyes out to the sides and figuring out a different way to see out of the mask... I received a set of leather turtle pads from an RPFer today and they inspired me to get back to work! Pics coming soon.

with the front of the mask being so far way from the front of your actual face, how do you plan on seeing out of it?

wow, nice I certainly like the original comic book look over the cartoon

Thanks guys!

with the front of the mask being so far way from the front of your actual face, how do you plan on seeing out of it?

The face being so far forward is part of the illusion I'm trying to work into the sculpt. The point of the beak is somewhat far out, but the large eye lenses are probably an inch or so in front of the wearer's eyes. A human chin will sit right in the underhang inside the turtle's jaw.

That's not to say that it won't be difficult for me to see - especially as I'm sculpting the bridge between the eyes wide enough to make "straight ahead" visibility likely impossible - but that's the price I'm willing to pay for the look this Halloween!

Hoping to get a bit more work in tonight. I'd love to cast this in June.

Oh this is really neat! I often find myself doodling ninja turtles during meetings and so forth...I'm totally jonesing to draw your sculpt now. Super cool.

Thanks, Cayman. I'd love to see your sketches if you end up doing some of him!

This is looking great...wow definitly a different look than I am used to. Great Work

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back