judge dredd build. comic version. DREDD and ANDERSON DONE!!PAGE 5

mrbungle

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
i am making a comic style judge dredd and judge anderson for me and the wife for dc next year. i have a friend that is making the badges and belt buckle on 3D and will have them cut on a CNC machine.

here is the eagle and the start of the shoulder armor.

004-97.jpg

006-61.jpg

here is the start of the helmet.
005-74.jpg

Last edited:
Re: judge dredd build. comic version.

Awesome stuff!

If you plan to make more than a few of these, be sure to let me know! I've been looking for more Dredd stuff to go with my Badge and inked originals for a long time.

How are you dealing with the movement of the Eagle shoulder?

thanks.

i have no real plans on doing extra but i will let you know once it is molded and cast.

on movement. i plan to attach the eagle at the joint on top the shoulder of the suit so it should give you some movement. kinda like a hing. i just don't like the look of loose feathers on the movie version.

Holy crap! I want one!

Looks like youre on your way to knocking this thing out of the park. :love

I've seen a bunch of Dredds, but I don't think I've ever seen a Judge Anderson before. I'd just been thinking that it would be a good idea.

The Judge Minty costumes are my favorite Dredds so far, and looking at yours it looks like we might have another great one coming. Just be prepared for a lot of people asking you to do a run of them if it comes out well (me included)...

thanks , guys. i have been wanting to do this costume for awhile, i just never got around to it.

max, the judge minty cossies are the best judge costumes i have seen as well. those guys did a great job on those.

if some of you are interested. i am sure i could pull some extras if need be when i have the molds finished. i am looking into cold casting parts. like the jango fett armor. but goldish instead of silver.
just need to find some gold cold cast material, i found some copper and i am wondering how well it would shine up. so i will do some test to see what will give me the best finish.

i hope to have the badges and buckle by late oct.

I'm watching this eagerly.

I've been wanting to see a good coherent group of Judges since 2007. There's some thing awe inspiring about seeing a whole squad of judges in matching uniforms stomping around as if they were on patrol and it's something I've wanted to get organised for awhile.

I was planning on making some comic suits along with John Baylis - aka SloopyJon - who was the helmet maker for Termight Replicas. Sadly things didn't pan out and he ripped me off for £500, so obviously relationships are now what you might call strained...lol

I hope you don't mind, but I've linked this thread to Eric Moran - aka Smoke from Big City comics...he was asking if he could commission me to make him some comic style judge items, but given how gorgeous yours are (and the fact that I'm in the UK) I said it'd be more cost efficient to speak to you about getting some.

I've also been chatting to a guy I work with regarding a template for the leather undersuit.

What do you think to the idea of getting a decent 'Squad' of judges together?

looking fantastic would be interested wan't a Dredd out fit since i was ten.

Last edited:

I'm watching this eagerly.

I've been wanting to see a good coherent group of Judges since 2007. There's some thing awe inspiring about seeing a whole squad of judges in matching uniforms stomping around as if they were on patrol and it's something I've wanted to get organised for awhile.

I was planning on making some comic suits along with John Baylis - aka SloopyJon - who was the helmet maker for Termight Replicas. Sadly things didn't pan out and he ripped me off for £500, so obviously relationships are now what you might call strained...lol

I hope you don't mind, but I've linked this thread to Eric Moran - aka Smoke from Big City comics...he was asking if he could commission me to make him some comic style judge items, but given how gorgeous yours are (and the fact that I'm in the UK) I said it'd be more cost efficient to speak to you about getting some.

I've also been chatting to a guy I work with regarding a template for the leather undersuit.

What do you think to the idea of getting a decent 'Squad' of judges together?

that sucks you got ripped off. that kind of things seesm to happen alot in this hobby.

i would love to see the plans for the undersuit. i was planning on buying some leather cat suits for me and the wife. i bought a bunch of pleather for the pouches and knee pads and elbow pads. i am going to make the pads huge!!! like the old comics!! still looking for a good base glove to add pouches to and stuff.

it would be cool to see a group of GOOD street judges.

I too would love to see a big squad of Judges.

And one day some Brit-Cit Judges and East Meg One Judges too.

I can dream can't I? :D

Looking gd mate. U know i am in o a run ;)

@fishbob - i post on megacit too; guess u seen my very basic build. Surprised to hear that SJ did not follow through on the deal; saw his sculpt; thought it looked pretty decent. I hav many of mr bungles items; always great products!

Yeah..It was a shame about Sloopyjon....we used to be friends....I even shot Judge Termight a message, warning him about Sloopy selling helmets privately and planning to recast his badges, but to my knowledge he's pretty much leaving Jon to his own devices...I suppose it looked lie I was just campaigning against him....meh, he's probably right to a certain extent.

Anywho..back to the matter at hand.....I'll get my buddy to shoot me over his plans....I would LOVE to get a good coherent group of street judges together, it would look simply awesome.

and what version of the Brit Cit Judge were you thinking of...I did load of background research into suit design and there were either the classic blue and black domed helmet version or there was some artwork featuring a very similar design to the regular American judges but with Lion details for shoulder pads etc....I'll see if i can grab the reference pictures.

You gotta do the boot holster for the Lawgiver and boot knife,no thigh holster's allowed,then you've gotta make a lawmaster,i'd love a ol'stoney chin costume,but alas i've got no creds...Drokk it.
You can also do a Halloween Dredd,when he became a werewolf or the Zombie Dredd,Find a very thin guy for Judge Death

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back