judge dredd build. comic version. DREDD and ANDERSON DONE!!PAGE 5

Re: judge dredd build. comic version.

max, i can get my guy to make you one once we get the kinks worked out. i will try it out tommorow on how it walks.

Congratulations on a killer get-up! All the details look perfect. Can't wait to see to it all together and in action.

dude! looking awesome man.
migth pick ur brains abt doing a chin - I want to do a Miller Dark Knight, and need to exaggerated chin for the cowl

Nate

Can't wait to see what the whole rig looks like together, well done

You are The Law

This is absolutely amazing and has prompted me (once I get my workshop up and running) to attempt an East-meg or Brit-Cit Judge.

I can't compete with your Mega-City Judge :D

thanks, guys.

max the set up for the lawgiver holster is pretty solid. it is pretty stable and you don;t really notice the weight of the gun and holster.

i just taped the holster together then walked around the room and i think it is going to work great.

Wow completely missed this thread , great job looks awesome and lovin the chin ! lol

what gloves did you use for yours ? I got some cheap welding gloves but they are pants TBH and could do with a better pair .

Tango'd Fett:
They look to be the same gloves as for my outfit and for the other Minty costumes. Ordered from a U.K. site called xtremegloves.com which apparently no longer exists. (But if you found another place to get them Mr. Bungle, please let us know).

Your best bet might be to search for motocross gloves online, and look for ones that have knuckle protection (a separate bubble for each knuckle looks more Dredd-like) and a longer cuff. The Minty gloves actually have the cuff/gauntlet extended with a cheap pair of Star Wars vinyl gauntlets off of eBay. Mr. Bungle probably did something similar.
There are also a couple of pouches added to the back of each glove.

Then the gloves are painted green of course.

By the way, if anyone is following this thread and doesn't know what I'm talking about with Judge Minty, just go to Judge Minty - A Fan Film

Last edited:

Just finished reading the thread; man I admire the work you did sculpting the eagle shoulder pad and the helmet. makes me wish I had the patience to sculpt :)

Keep up the good work!

Oh yeah and I think the boots you pick out are friggin' awesome!!!

Never read Judge Dredd and after seeing this thread and following it's development I am becoming a fan. The Boot gun holster is really awesome!

Tango'd Fett:
They look to be the same gloves as for my outfit and for the other Minty costumes. Ordered from a U.K. site called xtremegloves.com which apparently no longer exists. (But if you found another place to get them Mr. Bungle, please let us know).

Your best bet might be to search for motocross gloves online, and look for ones that have knuckle protection (a separate bubble for each knuckle looks more Dredd-like) and a longer cuff. The Minty gloves actually have the cuff/gauntlet extended with a cheap pair of Star Wars vinyl gauntlets off of eBay. Mr. Bungle probably did something similar.
There are also a couple of pouches added to the back of each glove.

Then the gloves are painted green of course.

Cool thanks Max I will have a search round , yeah i had to make the knuckles myself for mine to get the right look , i used foam for the little pouches too which worked quite well.

hey tango, it i used the same gloves and boots that max and dan used for the judge minty costumes.

here is an update,

got the holsters working. everything is done except the belt buckle.

i drilled some holes in my sloopyjon lawgivers, i know.......they works of art. but i did what i had to what i had to do.

i put earth magnets in the holes , glued them in.

001-119.jpg

these held ok but not good enought to walk around in, but i would put the magnets in just for more support.

i added velcro rough side only on the inside to save the lawgiver from tons of scraps. then added a dense foam to keep the lawgiver in place when i walk. you still need to keep and eye on it. but holds pretty good.
002-138.jpg

003-118.jpg

and a teaser pic of anderson and dredd cossies i am working on.

006-68.jpg

Everything's looking great man!
The downward sweep of your eagles is very dramatic and will give your costumes a signature look.

One correction, we actually don't have all the same boots, they're just very similar. Yours are the same brand as the Minty boots, but a slightly different style, mine are actually Fox brand but look very similar. Frankly, if all three pairs were in a line you'd be hard pressed to tell them apart once they're painted green.

Questions:
What size rare earth magnets did you buy and where did you buy them?
I'm surprised to hear that they're not strong enough to hold the gun tight all by themselves. Are you just using magnets on one side, attached to the metal of the holster, or do you have a second magnet set inside the holster for the gun magnets to attract to?

By the way, I just ordered a second set of gloves and decided to try something different. I'm wondering how these will look painted green with an extended cuff added:
STAINLESS STEEL Leather Motorbike Motorcycle Gloves M | eBay UK
(I might also add those lines coming down from the knuckles that Dredd usually has. There isn't really room to add them on my current gloves, but they could work with these new ones).

thanks, max.

the magnets are ones i bought at micheals i think they are 3/4 of an inch and about a 1/4 inch thick.

i just have magnets on one side , the guns that stick to the metal.

the gloves in your link look pretty good.

That is such a sweet costume mate. :love Brilliant work!!
Love the comic versions, which seem to be much harder to bring to life than the movie ones.
You've really done it "Justice" lol:lol

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back