judge dredd build. comic version. DREDD and ANDERSON DONE!!PAGE 5

Re: judge dredd build. comic version.

this is AWESOME dude! but i think i got you beat on the chin...mine is the same as your prosthetic one in real life!!! haha its a perfect square lmao....aweome job though dude! i have been wanting to be Dredd for CENTURIES!!!

That's looking great!

The Dredd chin is really going to set it off.

Great idea!

long time since i have updated this. but the build continues.....

i am waiting on boot holsters ,i am having some made out of metal. i still have to finish the belt buckles and the knee pads. i also have not molded the eagle and shoulder bells. but will soon.

here is the belts and pouches, elbow pads. helmet that i am still painting. finally got my gloves done. i have the lawgivers though they are not pictured.
003-115.jpg

002-135.jpg

wow this looks great!!!

Ive been working on my movie costume and it should be completed with the next few weeks. i look forward to seeing your finished product mate! SloopyJon is good peeps, you should come see us at the MCJ forums. Nice chin also really pulls it together lol

Great Dredd comic version build you've got going. I've been working on mine as well and will post a thread soon.
I was trying to figure out what to do about the club on the belt, and it looks like you've got a good club hanger/holder there. Is it leather? I like how it looks minimal but will keep it from swinging as you walk. Is it something you made or bought?

Are you still planning to do a boot holster? How are you going to work that given the closures are on the side of the boot?
I was thinking of doing one, but my boots are similar to yours and I can't see how I'd put a holster on the outside and still be able to get the boots on and off easily. And putting the holster on the inside of the leg seems weird.
I am considering doing a boot knife on the inside of the left leg though.
It sounds like you're going to be at Dragon Con this year? I hope I can make it so we can pass judgement together.
I will definitely be at SD Comic-Con this Summer though.
If you don't have leathers yet, I may be able to help. I've designed some Dredd leathers with SouthbeachLeather and they came out really good (for my needs anyway)
I'll post about them soon in a new build thread for my Dredd outfit once I get some pics done. (I'm going to put together some photos and info so that SBL can start selling them on their site).

Feel free to just PM me if you want to talk more, I don't want to hijack your thread (but I did think the holster question would be of interest to all).

thanks, guys.

max , pm sent.

i hope to know more about the boot holsters tommorow. i had a machine shop make 2 metal ones out of thin steel. then put earth magnets in the gun to hold it in palce and wrap it in faux leather.

the design should slip on the inside of boot and hang over the outside. the boot is pretty stiff. but i might need to anchor it at the bottom.

Great work! I love the helmet and shoulders, brilliant! :thumbsup

Massive fan of the original comic version, been a huge fan of Brian Bolland and Steve Dillons work.

You've nailed the look

Nice false chin, reminded me of the 'Jimp' who got his twanged by the man himself in an Ezquerra-illustrated tale years ago.
The pads & gloves are fantastic, but the helmet gets my vote. One of these days...

thanks, guys.

here is the prototype boot holster. need to make some tweeks to make the lawgiver fit better, but getting closer..... i plan to use earth magnets in the gun to help hold it in place.

ordered my leathers last week. :)

002-137.jpg

003-116.jpg

005-86.jpg

006-66.jpg

Last edited:

Very interesting. Have you tried walking with it yet? I'm wondering how stable it is (I know you're going to need earth magnets for the gun but I'm talking about the whole setup. Maybe you could just tape the gun in for the moment to try it out.)

I'd consider one of these myself if your guy would want to make another one...

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back