New Part ID Project: The Graflex Graflite Holiday Special Lightsaber

Jm419

Sr Member
"That...is uglier than a Ventress."

holspesab.jpg

Holiday Special Skywalker Lightsaber

I think we all know about the infamous Holiday Special lightsaber.* This saber is widely considered the ugliest lightsaber in Star Wars history, and, like Star Trek IV "Save the Whales," many fans prefer to pretend the Holiday Special never happened.* Even Lucas has described it as, "one of those mistakes we're just gonna have to live with."*

As Lucas has mentioned, this saber is a part of canon, or at least Star Wars history, even if people would like to pretend it isn't.* It's an odd story; apparently Graflex 3-cells were hard to find in 1978, too, because they had to use a Graflex Grafilte 3-cell lightsaber, and make some adjustments to it.* It's apparent, though, that there hasn't been nearly as much interest or research done on this saber hilt as there has been on essentially every other hilt in the Star Wars canon, which I think is odd.* In fact, aside from the original, I've never seen a converted version of the Graflite.

Has anyone ever made one of these?* I'm actually kinda considering making one myself, just because it's so unique, but I'd need some help ID'ing parts.* Apparently, no one knows what the control box is made from, nor do we know what the emitter even really looks like, nor do we even know if there was a pommel at all.* This could be an interesting project to try and tackle.

Who's with me?* Should we make this happen?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back