Clone Wars ARC trooper helmet project (update Oct.20)

Re: Clone Wars ARC trooper helmet project (update Oct.3)

AWESOME work! Can't wait to see the end of this one.

mad props EVO3!! your symmetry work is off the hook!!!(y)thumbsup that is looking sweet!! i was never a fan of the original animated clone helmets but this and your Cmndr Cody helmet is just top notch work!!

Thanks for the props!

Here are the latest pics of the helmet as it sits tonight. It is for the most part, done, but i do need to refine the fin some. The back of the fin is not quite right. Then there gaps and scratches that need to be filled. Oh, and the range finder too. Gotta make that also. The first set of pics is of the helmet next to one of Marcelos phase one helmets, just for size comparison. I did also address most of all the issues that were brought up with the helmet to the best of my ability.

ARCTrooper9.jpg

ARCTrooper8.jpg

ARCT1.jpg

ARCT2.jpg

ARCT3.jpg

ARCT4.jpg

ARCT5.jpg

ARCT6.jpg

And here is a pic of the brow. Its a bit different than the live action phase two brow. Still needs a little tweeking, but its close.

ARCTrooper7.jpg

Re: Clone Wars ARC trooper helmet project (update Oct.10)

About the fin,maybe its not too proportional? As in,the end on the backside of the fin should be much closer to the back-center?
I don't know though,i only see pics of this trooper from the front,you'll know better :D

Oh is the 'nose' intended to be not straight?
ARCTrooper7.jpg

Its amazing like every one of your build to see the transformations from its original look,always top notch!

Re: Clone Wars ARC trooper helmet project (update Oct.10)

I has teeth and a mowhawk now! Oh, and an RF too!

As sad as it sounds, it took me about 10 hours to build the RF unit. LOL
Its made from 1/8 styrene and a lot of patience. Although the pic shows the RF stock to be round, it wont be that way in the kits. Im going to have the stocks cut from aluminum and the round pivot piece will be machined aluminum as well. I will also be offering the aerators in either solid resin or hollow machined aluminum.

build up of the RF unit.....

RF1.jpg

RF2.jpg

RF3.jpg

RF4.jpg

Helmet pic.........

ARCTrooper13.jpg

ARCTrooper16.jpg

ARCTrooper10.jpg

ARCTrooper11.jpg

ARCTrooper12.jpg

I still have a little clean up to do on the bucket and then i have to plug up the neck opening and it'll be ready for molding. I'll probably be posting up the molding process here as well if anyone has interest in seeing how its done. Till next time!

Im sold! think this the best looking trooper helmet I have seen. I really love the lines on it and how it slopes on the side profile. Well done sir!

I'm pretty sure in Florida, somewhere, there is the fountain of Evo. I need to seek it out and drink from it, cause maybe someday, I will be granted the skills of the prop gods

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back