Disgusting creatures! Who has a Jawa?

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>Zaphod wrote:<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>Okay...ready for the next ignorant question???
Ready or not here it comes...
What's a Graflex flash handle?
icon18.gif
icon_redface.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

i really hope you're kiddin! if not... go here: www.partsofsw.com and don't come back till you've read every bit!!!!
icon_smile.gif

tom

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>WAMPA wrote:<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color></SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>Zaphod wrote:<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>Okay...ready for the next ignorant question???
Ready or not here it comes...
What's a Graflex flash handle?
icon18.gif
icon_redface.gif

i really hope you're kiddin! if not... go here: http://www.partsofsw.com and don't come back till you've read every bit!!!!
icon_smile.gif

tom</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

TWICE!
icon_lol.gif

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>Quote:<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>i really hope you're kiddin! if not... go here: http://www.partsofsw.com and don't come back till you've read every bit!!!!
icon_smile.gif

tom

Thank you oh wise one....

pissoff.jpg

How much is a micro flame welder worth? I saw one on ebay for 20 bucks but I thought that was a little steep. I know someone sniped one for a buck once, so what's a fair price? Since my poor Jawa will be unarmed as far as a blaster goes I could at least give him a welder.

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>TallDarkandDisfigured wrote:<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>How much is a micro flame welder worth? I saw one on ebay for 20 bucks but I thought that was a little steep. I know someone sniped one for a buck once, so what's a fair price? Since my poor Jawa will be unarmed as far as a blaster goes I could at least give him a welder.</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

well, an auction price, high or low can't set an item's true worth. It's worth what you'll pay. I think $20 is a good deal tho.
heck, if you were to buy the modern version it'd be $30 at radio shack.
tom

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>TallDarkandDisfigured wrote:<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>How much is a micro flame welder worth? I saw one on ebay for 20 bucks but I thought that was a little steep. I know someone sniped one for a buck once, so what's a fair price? Since my poor Jawa will be unarmed as far as a blaster goes I could at least give him a welder.</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

I found them on-line for $60 so ...

Wow, this thread really took off! I will have to get some pictures of my Jawa now. I made a cloth / paper mache casting off of the styrofoam head so it is hollow inside. It worked pretty well.

Hey Krayt Clan Chief/ TI-4270,

Sounds like a cool idea, especially if your hooking up lights in the eyes and/or sticking a voice box in the head.
icon_smile.gif
icon_smoking.gif

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>TallDarkandDisfigured wrote:<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>I was going to use that method but got paranoid that I might have a short circuit and have my Jawa's haed end up in flames. I pictured it like the Jawa in the TROOPS video.
icon_lol.gif

I LOVE THAT VIDEO
icon6.gif
icon6.gif
icon6.gif

It's better than Episode 1, maybe Lucas should contact them for help with E3
lol2.gif
icon_smoking.gif

Hey, nothin' ventured, nothin gained. Go for it. I'm starting to collect pieces to make a Jawa Jedi. Thanks RodianJedi for the inspiration. Maybe I'll take a cue from Oohyeah KL & make it a chic too. I could make it the Jessica Rabbit of the Jawa world
icon22.gif
icon_smoking.gif

Rileyreplicas' Jawa is the creepiest Jawa I've ever seen (his is the one pictured with the mouse droid on the first page).

He made his jawa head covered in black strips so that it looks like a black-colored mummy. It looks great with its hood down... and it is creepy! If you look the pick he had posted, you can sort of make out the strips of cloth covering the face beneath the eyes.

rileyreplicas, show the pic of your jawa without the robe. Creepy, I say! LOL!

That's how I thought they are supposed to be. When I started preparing mine I cut the head wrap into strips. I was going by my 6 inch Jawa,when you take the robe off the entire thing is wrapped that way.

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>TallDarkandDisfigured wrote:<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>That's how I thought they are supposed to be. When I started preparing mine I cut the head wrap into strips. I was going by my 6 inch Jawa,when you take the robe off the entire thing is wrapped that way.</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

Depends, is that "supposed to be" or "how they were in the movie?". If it's the first, then who knows really?

if it's the second, then, no. In ANH it was a black wool hood, made of a small piece of wool and some safety pins. There were to HUGE holes for the actor to see through. (note to self...maybe i should add a lifemask under one of mine.) The "bandages" people often think they're seeing are actually black gaffer tape which held the eyes in place.

In jedi (now seen at the MOM) it was a neatly made full head mask, covered in black fabric.

That said, i still think wrapping the head's a reall cool idea for a jawa.... just not accurate. So do whatcha like
icon_smile.gif

tom

The great and powerful OZ has spoken!
icon_lol.gif

That's what I was thinking too, the movies used hoods, I wonder though if the figures were made from preproduction drawings or something, or if the people that make the toys just got confused by the tape holding thier "eyes" on. I like it though, like I said before mine is going to be an ANH/ROTJ mix anyway maybe I'll go for a complete combination of all the stuff.

OZ? like frank? hehehe

anyhow, i'm guessin it came about cus of one of the old tops cards. As often happened with those, the shot was touched up. It's a pic of a jawa sitting against a rock (i think it's called , "a closer look at a jawa". Anyway, they must've seen a hint of detail in the face area and accentuated it, then some people thought it looked like wraps.

here's the shot:
anhyellow43.jpg

tom

Yeah
icon6.gif

I just won the flashgun, for building a Droid Caller, at eBay for $5.86.
icon_cheering.gif
icon_cheering.gif

Now, does anyone have the stuff necessary so that it can make that buzzzz noise?
I also got the address to order the microtorch, kits starting $24.99, depending on what you want.

Draco, here is a PIC of my jawas head without the hood. The picture doesn't show it to well, but the head is covered in fur and then wrapped.
face.jpg

Man, that is awesome! Best looking Jawa I've seen.

Hmmmm, is the formatting of this thread really F'd up for anyeone else?

This thread is more than 21 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back