Original 1977 ANH Stormtrooper Armor and Helmet

Wow! What an incredible find if it's legit. So, was it the whole suit of armour or just the pieces shown in the blog? Still incredible nonetheless.

Look forward to hearing more about this in the future.

Wow that is nuts. Love to see this original stuff. You can see the way they strapped it on the inside. There is a great build on FISD replicating this.

Is that helmet fiberglass????
I thought all of those were thermoformed??
(I am no storm trooper pro so I am just asking, please do flame me):lol

I believe this was originally "discovered" by one of the guys on the 501st UK Garrison - photos of it started being discussed at the end of August to try to determine it's authenticity.

The owner originally planned to clean it up and restore it! :eek Thankfully he was persuaded not to...

Whoever had it before stripped the paint off of it... And re... painted it. Sorta.

The ears were made of a different plastic than the cap and face.

I think it is real. But hard to tell if it was straight from ANH. The mouth holes sure are cut out larger than most ANH buckets. Coulda been one that was re-used in ESB? Or even ROTJ?

The detail in the tears IS correct. Gino has them on his UBER SECRET PERSONAL buckets. :p

Wow!! 'What a peice of junk' was the first thing that popped into my mind :lol And then my jaw hit the floor in amazement to see the suit. A goldmine of a find if ever there was one!

Thanks for the link.

The owner cleaned off the paint on the outside and sanded the outside because the paint was flaking...... A very poor decision indeed.

The ears only look new because of the helmet being khaki HDPE. The HDPE colour is washed out due to the flash and the ear caps look cleaner due to the flash as well.

Looks like the cod is broken but there is tape on it so hopefully they have the other piece and it wa at one point taped on.

No ab plate or shoulder straps - possibly a sandtrooper?

Was there pics of it before the helmet was stripped of paint?

Great find wish the guy had cast it before he sold it - would have made a bit more cash if he had - and a lot of people would have got their top prop replica - me included :)

Great find.

Cheers Chris

Only 3 dots on the strip on the ab plate so yes it looks like a sandtrooper.

Dave

I don't think any of the black painted areas look original they look like they were added later. Look at the inside of the ab plate and it is flat so the three dots look just painted on by the owner.

I agree though it doesn't look like either an ab plate or the ab strip has ever been in place as there doesn't appear to be any marks or glue residue.

Chris

Good point. I thought maybe they just popped the peices off the abb when they stripped it...

It WAS a sandtrooper and IS ANH.

What a TOOL for not casting it.

This WOULD have been THE ANH kit to own. :(

Hopefully it wont be the last we see of it.

You can see it's a piece of plastic added/glued on the strip.You can see the raised bumps & corners cut,Like in this picture.

belly_01.jpg

At least I can see it.

This really is an awsome find. I'm surprised it had to even be discussed between people to see if it's authentic. One look at those photos and that's instantly clear. So many bumps and details just not in replicas. It also has the two different shades of hdpe like on the sfs helmet. Very cool to see. Again nice find and thanks for sharing.

Regards,
Ben

Firstly someone needs to name it . The " " Suit. then someone needs to mold it and sell casts from the " " suit. Cast from the inside though not the outside and then sell them at stupidly high prices. Isn't that what usually happens when someone finds another holy grail?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back