Original 1977 ANH Stormtrooper Armor and Helmet

The Prop blog was sent the pictures it featured by someone without permission to do so .
Those pictures are now "out" and the owner is now O.K. but disapointed about that .

However the discussion on the Prop Blog is totally fictional , and no credit to Dan Benton.

The suit is still in the posession of its original owner , who is undecided weather to sell or not .

The owner has given permission for these photos to be published,to show its is complete, but at this moment isnt ready to enter into discussion about the suit details or sale of the suit.

If and when the decision is made to sell the suit , more photos may be released to allow prospective purchasers to view it .

suit064.jpg

suit063.jpg

:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek

It's a shame about the event,and too bad for the fact he had to sell it though. Good to see its in fairly good condition.

I'm a little confused - the prop blog article linked to in the first post says the suit was purchased by an auction house - is that not the case? The pics above indicate it is still in possession of the owner? Can someone clarify?

Thanks!

Awesome piece!

The Prop blog was sent the pictures it featured by someone without permission to do so .

However the discussion on the Prop Blog is totally fictional , and no credit to Dan Benton.

I wonder if Dan knew that.

What part(s) of Dan's article were fictional?

Just asking, since he has had a few complaints about how he writes, where he gets his info from, who he credits, etc.

Thanks.

Most of it I think except the fact that this guy had and still has the armour. No auction house has anything to do with it from what I gather.....

Hi CatfoodRob,

Nice pics many thanks for posting :)

Glad to see the owner still has the piece that was snapped off the cod piece.

Please beg him to cast it from the inside to make vac forming moulds. It can be done if done by a professional and would give the owner a couple more beer tokens - not that he will need any more as he will get a great price for that suit.

This is a one off chance for the owner and the world of fandome to finally nail one of the holy grail prop replicas and to do it right.

Please thank the owner for allowing pics to be shown and wish him good luck if he decides to sell the suit.

Cheers Chris

looks like a recast ;) jk

I am not a star wars expert and I dont know all the specific details of the originals, but this looks pretty cool.

I wonder how much it would sell for.

Eh, Dan is a joke. He use to be a member here until he was banned.

Those pictures are now "out" and the owner is now O.K. but disapointed about that .

The suit is still in the posession of its original owner , who is undecided weather to sell or not .

The owner has given permission for these photos to be published,to show its is complete, but at this moment isnt ready to enter into discussion about the suit details or sale of the suit.

If and when the decision is made to sell the suit , more photos may be released to allow prospective purchasers to view it .

suit064.jpg

suit063.jpg

is that a latex belt!??? i not that knowlegdable about TK's but ive never seen a latex belt on a screen used TK

That's what I thought too on first sight. They say it is plastic, though.
But if it is, it must've been painted, right?

The original TK belts were made of canvas, not latex or plastic. The belt in the photo above looks like an original well used canvas belt.

The original TK belts were made of canvas, not latex or plastic. The belt in the photo above looks like an original well used canvas belt.

I was talking about the off-colour, flexible belt front with the drop boxes.
The non-fabric part, not the canvas.

Cool, thanks for the additional info and pics CatfoodRob :thumbsup

I see it's missing it's ab-plate buttons panel, and the sniper's knee pad - could it have been a Sandtrooper costume?
But then it has the O2 cannister and the belt with the holster riveted *on the outside* like the stormie on the Tantive IV (plus there are drop boxes on the belt), so I guess it *is* a Stormtrooper costume with the ab-plate fallen off and possibly missing the knee-plate?

And I wonder why the previous owner decided to paint various pieces of the costume Black? Probably the same logic as the ESB 'Patch' helmet, where the owner didn't realise that they were messing with a $$$$s piece of movie history :unsure

Let's hope that if he does decide to sell, it's to a competent mould-maker and vacformer, who will be careful when removing rivets and taking apart the glued limb components.

Cheers,
John
swdvds@yahoo.com

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back