Original 1977 ANH Stormtrooper Armor and Helmet

You're right, I had forgotten about the Ear bumps. Well maybe they had different ears? I don't know nor pretend to know all the answers. The faceplate makes sense, I can't see the point of making two face moulds but maybe different ear moulds? I'll see if I can find out.

The molds were cleaned up and repaired for when he pulled the hero helmets. They had likely suffered some damage, which caused some rework.

Agreed.

Hero faceplates and background have more differences than just the amount of teeth. The hero ears and back cap differ as well.

A major immediate difference is the bumpy eye socket was smoothed to make it much more aesthetically pleasing on the heros.

The background, heros and TIE helmets all had the tear features as did Liz Moores original sculpt. The TIE helmets having hero style faceplates.

Jedimaster I think the detail on your HDPE is present because the faceplate on those helmets descends from the 'set for stun' laser scan helmet not the DaveM helmet. The detail was removed from the moulds that TE had from the DaveM helmet hence most fan helmets do not have it. Not sure why in the review of the helmet this feature was flagged up as some great piece of evidence to make the helmet legit - which it clearly is :) - It is present on a few other casts that are kicking about as well.

This is a brilliant stromtrooper find and great thread can we not turn it into an Andrew Ainsworth thread guys please :)

Chris

Jedimaster I think the detail on your HDPE is present because the faceplate on those helmets descends from the 'set for stun' laser scan helmet not the DaveM helmet. The detail was removed from the moulds that TE had from the DaveM helmet hence most fan helmets do not have it. Not sure why in the review of the helmet this feature was flagged up as some great piece of evidence to make the helmet legit - which it clearly is :) - It is present on a few other casts that are kicking about as well.

This is a brilliant stromtrooper find and great thread can we not turn it into an Andrew Ainsworth thread guys please :)

Chris[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info thats most interesting. Do you know who did the laser scan and produced the hdpe in question?

and i agree no more ainsworth.:thumbsup

Thanks for the info thats most interesting. Do you know who did the laser scan and produced the hdpe in question?

If I am correct about your helmet the HDPE should be grey in colour?

The scan was done by TE and Mike Verta I think originally for the toy company Gentle Giant. Don't know all the ins and outs of who done what but that subject is about as volatile as the Andrew Ainsworth one :lol

TE made a fibreglass version of the scanned helmet and then I believe TE made a faceplate mould based on the scan - which was a really nice faceplate. I think MrLaws also made helmets using the 'set for stun' facplate scan and he sharpened up some details including the tear features.

I think that is correct information - if not I am sure somebody will pipe up and set the record straight :)

Chris

I sure wish an original undersuit neckseal 'vest' would finally surface. Would love to see exactly what was going on there... Nice to see these pics too!

I sure wish an original undersuit neckseal 'vest' would finally surface. Would love to see exactly what was going on there... Nice to see these pics too!

I think there is an original neckseal and undersuit with John's (board name stormtrooper) original ROTJ suit. It comprised of ROTJ armour with some ANH / ESB bits. I would think they would have reused the under suits and neck seals and if not they would have at least copied from the ANH / ESB ones.

With his suit the boots were ANH, thermal detonator ANH / ESB and blaster was ESB.

There is a pic of it lying on the bed here but unfortunately you cannot see much.

ORIGINAL RotJ STORMTROOPER

Cheers Chris

I thought the ROTJ neckseal's were altered a red sash type thing? I could have been miss informed.

I agree with Ghost Host it would be a great finaly see one. Does anyone know if any soft parts came along with this Armour? also any more pic's?.

I thought the ROTJ neckseal's were altered a red sash type thing? I could have been miss informed.

Well if you are correct then John has an original ANH / ESB style neck seal and soft parts :)

As I said it is on the bed in the picture with the armour on the bed and it looks all black to me.

Cheers Chris

Well if you are correct then John has an original ANH / ESB style neck seal and soft parts :)

As I said it is on the bed in the picture with the armour on the bed and it looks all black to me.

Cheers Chris

Yep the costume came with an all-black cotton undersuit and black cotton gloves... no neck seal though. With the O2 cannister, blaster, holster and boots being TESB, who knows what parts the costumind department cobbled together? I'm sure they never imagined Star Wars fans would be discussing the pedigree of these verious parts all these years later :lol

Oh, and back on-topic... doesn anyone know which 'major auction house' snagged this original ANH suit, and if they plan to auction it anytime soon?
Profiles maybe?

Cheers,
John
swdvds@yahoo.com

As far as I know it hasn't been sold. The owner has gone quiet. I think he has got all het up with the constant badgering. I might be wrong but that what I have heard.

I think if I'm not mistaken that the undersuits were from a company call Renaissance dancewear and they still sell them.

I think if I'm not mistaken that the undersuits were from a company call Renaissance dancewear and they still sell them.

AFAIK Renaissance Dancewear provided the undersuits for the Special Edition stormtroopers, and possibly the LFL Tour troopers, but I don't think they made undersuits for the original Trilogy troopers?

Cheers,
John
swdvds@yahoo.com

As far as I know it hasn't been sold. The owner has gone quiet. I think he has got all het up with the constant badgering. I might be wrong but that what I have heard.

True.
There`s still hope for us all ... I suggest everyone here buys a lottery ticket this weekend.
:lol

True.
There`s still hope for us all ... I suggest everyone here buys a lottery ticket this weekend.
:lol

Well apparently some lucky blighter from Blighty (U.K. for the former colonists LOL) has scooped the £113,000,000 Euromillions jackpot last night! :eek
This is about US$180,404,500 according to xe.com, for the benefit of our US members

Unfortunately it wasn't me... I *just* won a measly £18.90 on my ticket... grumble, grumble. Oh well, it might be a quiet day when / if the ANH armour is auctioned and.... nah, £18.90 just wouldn't cut-it! :unsure :lol

Cheers,
John
swdvds@yahoo.com

Well, John
You did better than me. I got bugger all with one number on the lucky star. So I guess I'll be counting on next week. :lol

Well, John
You did better than me. I got bugger all with one number on the lucky star. So I guess I'll be counting on next week. :lol

:lol Tough luck mate.... But there's always the UK Lottery tonight, remember? :love

Reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Springfield is gripped by 'Lottery Fever' and Homer buys something like 50 lottery tickets, and tells the family "I can't possibly lose".
They sit down to watch the lottery draw on TV, and the first number is called out.... Homer goes "D'Oh!", and it seems the first number drawn isn't on *any* of his tickets :lol

Right, I'm going to the shop with a wheelbarrow to buy my tickets for the UK Lottery tonight....."I can't possibly lose" LOL

Cheers,
John
swdvds@yahoo.com

Cool it is probably me that won then :)

Still to check my ticket so I live in hope.

Chris

Have I ever told you that your my bezzie mate, Chris? :lol

When you buy the ANH Stormtrooper for £113 Million, I'll be round the next day to swap you my ROTJ Stormie for it.

If you don't respond to this post within the next 30 seconds, I'll take that as confirmation that you agree to my proposal..... tick, tock, tick, tock :love

Aaaaahhhhh.... I'm the funniest person in my house. But then the dog never really got the hang of the whole wit thing, and his timing is *awful* :lol

Cheers,
John
swdvds@yahoo.com

Unsurprisingly when I checked my ticket lady luck never smiled on me John :lol

Better luck next time I suppose.

Oh and if I had £113 million pound I would buy your ROTJ trooper as well :p

Chris

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back