Original 1977 ANH Stormtrooper Armor and Helmet

There is a .00001 mm froghair Q shaped slash missing from the inside of the earcaps. I'll pass.

:lol

In all seriousness... Is there a limit to how many we can buy? LOL!!!

You just can't argue with those pics...

Perfection.

Great job guys.

I'm afraid to ask how much... LOL I look forward to seeing a JY thread for kits!!! :)

Last edited:
The other wonderful thing about this is there can be no bickering about re-casting or who has the rights etc....this is ground floor and the balance of power in the trooper world is shifted. Now theres all of these other helmets and suits out there with mashed up origins and tweaks etc but this is all fresh and untampered with loveliness fresh from the oven. Bravo! Now everybody else can clutter up threads and fight about trying to be the second best suits out there. Im not slamming but this isnt from a tour suit or a modified ROTJ and theres no argument over who had what rights to mold and generationally its right off the original. It gets no better then that.

QFT :thumbsup

I think the pictures showing the lump in the tube shows what a lot of us were talking about in the past.
I remember bringing this tube lump up years ago, 2004-2005 maybe. It wasn't nitpicking, bashing or jealousy, I was genuinely miffed that this detail seemed to have been removed from all other ANH replicas and i'm sure everyone else who talked about it felt the same.

tubelk.jpg

I just wanted to bring this up, as pointing out or talking about things like this often creates a bad atmosphere on here these days. A feeling of being an enemy, a trouble causer, or being a petty nitpicking jealous person.
While some people do look for faults due to personal issues, most people don't.

Anyway, i think i'm going to need at least 5 of these helmets so i can finally build replicas of some specific troopers i have in mind.

Keith.

As the helmet that I have most coveted since childhood, it's difficult to even translate into words actually seeing this come to fruition this way. It's a waste to even try. I just hope that these are affordable as I'm on the hook for the Legend Vader and the Tie. My budget for the year is kind of blown. But, I have to have at least one of these. If I have to sell stuff to generate the funds, then so be it. Just amazing.

The other wonderful thing about this is there can be no bickering about re-casting or who has the rights etc....this is ground floor and the balance of power in the trooper world is shifted. Now theres all of these other helmets and suits out there with mashed up origins and tweaks etc but this is all fresh and untampered with loveliness fresh from the oven. Bravo! Now everybody else can clutter up threads and fight about trying to be the second best suits out there. Im not slamming but this isnt from a tour suit or a modified ROTJ and theres no argument over who had what rights to mold and generationally its right off the original. It gets no better then that.

Great post!

Wow, this is stunning! I have been hoping to get a good sandtrooper for almost ten years now and it looks like that may finally be a reality. Great job guys, keep up the good work! As others have said, this is hands down the best I have ever seen! Loving it!

I think the pictures showing the lump in the tube shows what a lot of us were talking about in the past.
I remember bringing this tube lump up years ago, 2004-2005 maybe. It wasn't nitpicking, bashing or jealousy, I was genuinely miffed that this detail seemed to have been removed from all other ANH replicas and i'm sure everyone else who talked about it felt the same.

tubelk.jpg

I agree this is nice to see. I think it would look even better if the ear was trimmed a bit less so the "foot" of the ear extended further forward and tucked that divot behind the lump under just a bit more as is seen on the sandtroooper helmets. Either way, great to see that detail included.

I just wanted to bring this up, as pointing out or talking about things like this often creates a bad atmosphere on here these days. A feeling of being an enemy, a trouble causer, or being a petty nitpicking jealous person.

I am not sure of the point of this statement as there is no problem with people bringing up facts or discussing the details of a particular piece. The problem comes when people try to pass off their personal agendas and issues as part of a factual argument. As long as you aren't doing that, we encourage discussion like this as it helps point out details that might otherwise be missed!

I agree this is nice to see. I think it would look even better if the ear was trimmed a bit less so the "foot" of the ear extended further forward and tucked that divot behind the lump under just a bit more as is seen on the sandtroooper helmets. Either way, great to see that detail included.
They are trimming and assembling it like the original helmet they molded was trimmed and assembled.

Yeah I think they perfected the way the original they have is assembled. I mean that's what was asked of them. If they wanted to assemble it like either of the other 50 Screenused and stuck it next to their original then the comps they've done would be pointless.I think you missed the point Art and I'm sure now they've got this far we will see more variations from them. It's only the begining.

Top work Rob and Simon. :thumbsup

Are these helmets going to be made available complete/painted and finished ready for display ? Or will they be sold as complete sets helmet and armour ?

Last edited:
Thanks for the great comments guys. Glad you all like it so much :thumbsup

The project was started with the aim of replicating the helmet Simon had as closely as possible. There is some room to maneuver within those perimeters. We could look at creating a more "idealized" edition, but for now we went with as close as we could get :love

Rob.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back