Braveheart full sized bust

Hi Ph, I have 2, a Cold Steel war hammer and a cheaper aluminum version, more accurate head but the handle needs to be redone. the cold steel version was repainted and weathered/ battle damaged- fully functional and very deadly.
IMG_2666.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_2667.jpg
[/IMG]

This is the hero movie prop, I could sculpt one up doesnt look too difficult, or modify the existing aluminum head i have to be more exact, downside would be that I would have to use magic sculpt to add details then paint it so it wouldnt be completely metal anymore but i think it would look a lot better.

braveheart-2.jpg

Last edited:
Here is where Im at with the cheaper Warhammer, took off the metal strips, sanded down, refitted head. Still thinking about resculpting/modifying existing head.
IMG_2672.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_2673.jpg
[/IMG]

This thread has been killer to follow. You did an amazing job and its been fun seeing your progress. Any thoughts about a little sound board that yells "FREEEEEEDOOOMMMM" at the push of a button?:love

Those hammers are killer!

By the way - did you do stubble under the blue or just on the flesh tone?

Just on the flesh tone, was going to experiment making stubble with steel wool shavings but his stubble isnt that long, Ill probably use the shavings on his arms though.

This thread has been killer to follow. You did an amazing job and its been fun seeing your progress. Any thoughts about a little sound board that yells "FREEEEEEDOOOMMMM" at the push of a button?:love

Thanks!, Im no good at electronics but that would be pretty cool :thumbsup

Yeah, and its hard to tell in the caps if his stubble shows through the blue make-up, but the blue in the film is so thick, I doubt it does...

Where did you find the hammers?

Last edited:
did a comparison shot of the hero prop and my aluminum hammer. Ill make mine movie accurate with epoxy sculpt, widen the handle, then cast it in foam or resin. Ill post updates of the sculpt soon.

hammercomparison.jpg
[/IMG]

Honestly, I think it would be easier to sculpt the piece from scratch, rather than having to reshape an already existing, but very differently shaped hammer.

Thanks Jorge....a year later and he's still not fully finished. After my basements done i can get his arms sculpted and finish that hammer, probably cast the had in pewter.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back