Braveheart full sized bust

chuckyAPP

Sr Member
Hi everyone, just wanted to share some pics of a Braveheart bust Im working on. I bought a full me Gibson head cast off ebay- hollow resin. I added some glass eyes and a wig and did an initial paint up to see how everything looked. I then added the head to a half mannequin and using epoxy, magic sculpt and paper mache secured the head to the mannequin. Still a ton of work to do but I have the quilted leather vest and shirt (movie replica props from museum replicas. I have a yard of Kilt material- same company that made the kilts for the movie and travasall ( a memeber of the RPF) and master leather worker made the sword sheath. Ill post more pics as i go, thanks for looking.

OK,,,got a lot done on this,,,still need to do the braids and I need to do the arms- one will hold the war hammer, not sure if the arms are strong enough to hold a shield, may need to make one out of foam. Also need to do some wearing on the armor and maybe some blood? thanks for looking

Looks great with all his leather and armour on. :thumbsup

May I suggest two things though that will improve this greatly? Feather down the edges of his eyebrow (it looks far too solid) and get new eyes for him with a much smaller iris size (iris should be about 11m diameter).

It looks good bud, If your arms arn't strong enough for a shield remember in the movie Mel had a spiked brace on his arm.

Thanks, with this paint scheme he was wearing the arm bracer with the ringlets on it, looks pretty easy to make

Looks great with all his leather and armour on. :thumbsup

May I suggest two things though that will improve this greatly? Feather down the edges of his eyebrow (it looks far too solid) and get new eyes for him with a much smaller iris size (iris should be about 11m diameter).

Youre right , i think the eyebrows may be too thick, as far as the eyes go , they only way to remove them now would be from the fron and that would be major surgery so I dont think I can do it,,,not yet anyway,,lol

Thanks for the advice guys:thumbsup

The more I look at it the more I agree with Howlrunner,,,,couldnt figure out what was wrong,,,its the eye area,,,,I may have to cut out the back of the head to remove the eyes as its sculpted to the body and the head is filled with foam,,,gonna be a nightmare to do.
Where do you get yur eyes Howlrunner? (amazing blog you have by the way)

11mm I think - this could turn into a Spinal Tap moment.

LOL :lol Yeah, I meant 11mm iris, not metres!

I used to get my glass eyes from www.GlassEyes.com but they seem to have vastly reduced the range of human eyes that they have available (they had WAY more, better eyes not too long ago).

Most recently I've had Van Dykes make custom glass eyes for me.

Very very cool Chucky!! That's lookin fantastic, the costume is just outstanding, and the bust itself is awesome, great work on that! And hey, hollow cast head, just like Mel's real head ;) Thanks for the props on the baldric, I'm pretty stoked to see how it looks on the bust!!

thanks Travis!
Here are some updated pics, I took Howlrunners advice, trimmed down the eyebrows and redid the eyes. I couldnt get them out with out a major redo so I painted them, not as nice as glass but good enough for now till I get the courage to cut his head off,,lol. I also posed the arm with the fist, cut it, repositioned it and fiberglassed it back together, still have to do the other arn. I plan on putting a war hammer in his hand. The hair and braids are done too.
Apreciate any criticism, thanks for looking.
IMG_4359.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_4361.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_4362.jpg
[/IMG]

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back