Braveheart full sized bust

Frakkin' AWESOME! Congrats on a high quality, accurate build!:thumbsup
Thanbkyou so much

Just stunning...

It is purely jaw-dropping how far you have taken this...

Did you add stubble with pencil?

I did some washes and pastels, finished up with pencil. Thankyou for all your help with this btw PHArchivist. Still not 100% pleased with the eyelashes though and need to rework the neck, then the big challenge, the arms with lifecast hands.

OK HAD to redo the eyelashes, they were driving me nuts..lol. Got a new pair, flat ironed them and trimmed them. Last pics till I start the neck,,,sorry for the many updates.

IMG_4795.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_4798.jpg
[/IMG]

Started work on the neck, building up one side because his head is turned, this is the first layer of magic sculpt applied, need to build up a little more. suggestions? Thanks
IMG_4804.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_4801.jpg
[/IMG]

Bummer... I thought I told you his aim with rocks is pretty darn good.

Joking aside... you're quite welcome. I'm glad I was able to help you improve your piece and you didn't just perceive me as an annoying ****. If you want to go that extra mile with the painting, someone posted this link once and I thought you might be interested as well, for that extra realistic skin effect: skin painting

Cool, thanks for that link, I did that same technique on the bust, when I get my new cam it should show up better, I did same splatter technique with opaque washes, hard to see in the photos, Ill do more of that on the chest and arms.

Ok I think im done sculpting up the neck and chest portion that will show after the shirt and armour is on, next step prime and paint.

IMG_2623.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
That last far off shot is breathtaking. Though... you should work on the hair at the temples and gonk up the blue war paint more as well... but that is really sweet looking! :thumbsup

:eek:thumbsup WOW, I can't wait to see it done. Thanks for keeping us frequently updated. This is the first thread I look for whenever I log in.

Thanks so much guys, I apreciate the comments and that means a lot JtotheP, I didnt know if all the updates were getting annoying,,going to order the supplies soon to lifecast the arms and hands.

You've made an amazing amount of progress on this since I last checked in ... I'm actually speechless! Kudos to you bro! :thumbsup

Thanks SimmonM! Here are a few pics with the left arm cut and repositioned. Added the sword in just for the pics. Waiting on some cash to buy the supplies to lifecast the forearms and hands, he'll eventually be holding the spike war hammer seen in the film.
IMG_2665.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_2660.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_2654.jpg
[/IMG]

If I may make a suggestion as to the position of the left arm, maybe extend it forward a bit and bend it upwards, in an aggressive/intimidating pose, ready for action, perhaps with a clenched fist, seeing as you are going to make new arms anyway.

He's seen having the arm up in that position in the movie, but I think it's with the arrowhead arm guard and not the ring guard you have, with the back of the arm facing forward.

If I may make a suggestion as to the position of the left arm, maybe extend it forward a bit and bend it upwards, in an aggressive/intimidating pose, ready for action, perhaps with a clenched fist, seeing as you are going to make new arms anyway.

He's seen having the arm up in that position in the movie, but I think it's with the arrowhead arm guard and not the ring guard you have, with the back of the arm facing forward.

Thanks TMG, the final pose will be different in the arm position most likely in the pose you suggest, the arm bracer with the arrows in it has his face paint with 3 blue stripes. Would have been easier to make I think. This pic shows the ring bracer with full blue war paint:

IMG_4536.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back