Braveheart full sized bust

continued eye reshasping:

IMG_4415.jpg
[/IMG]

Rudimentary paint up , need a little feedback on the eyes

Still working on the hair- what a pain in the neck that is. Dont worry about the peak, I know its a little too eddy munster right now.

IMG_4417.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_4421.jpg
[/IMG]

Painted up the face in oils, added more hair, and penciled in some irises.
The wide eyes are giving that intense kinda wild look im goin for. I tried to make him look up and over a little but the glass eyes under the paint have that bulge to then at the tip of the eye and it can be seen and it looks weird. Either that or I will have to go glass eyes, which Im trying to avoid right now. Waiting on eyebrows too. Gonna dirty him up a bit too when the oil paintes dry. Need to repaint the blue again of course.

IMG_4443.jpg

IMG_4442.jpg

That is looking wayyyyy better! (watch out, that right eye's iris is a bit un-centered)

Just out of curiosity, what was the this bust from originally? (sorry if it was already answered)

Cool. I've only seen them as 3/4 faces, not full heads. Could you pm me a link to the seller, please!?

Did it come with the eyes sculpted in?

Last edited:
Don't forget to add the black outline to teh blue make-up/paint! :)

I had not really noticed this detail until your project, and in watching the film last night, its fairly prominent.

I know you had it on there before you redid the face...

This project is tempting me...

How is the overall quality of Museum Replicas?

Licensed Products from the movie Braveheart - MuseumReplicas.com

The Vest armour is very nice as is the shirt that goes under it. I would stay far away from the sword holder from MR. I got the kilt from the actual company that made the kilts for the Braveheart movie, I can look up the link if you like.

So what do you guys think about the eyes?

Definately gonna repain in the line on the blue makeup, didnt touch the makeup yet.

Cool. I've only seen them as 3/4 faces, not full heads. Could you pm me a link to the seller, please!?

Did it come with the eyes sculpted in?

Yes, it needed some cleaning up, I dremeled out the eyes, toughest part was fittin in the eyes and the lids are not sculpted in well on the cast as seen in my WIP. Here is a better pic of the head cast:
IMG_4180-2.jpg

Last edited:
Fantastic job!:thumbsup I love this thread. This is what one should be like. Great suggestions and great replies. Can't wait to see it done!

A little trick. Try to match the angle on photographs of Mel Gibson, as he's rarely seen from the angle you take pictures from. Every picture found is either straight on or slightly from above... rarely from a low angle. And try to photograph it from six feet back and zooming in. It'll make it easier to help you.

I still think the eyes are way too low, but it's hard to tell from that angle.

Try to match this angle, then I can do a line tracing from the photograph and paste it onto the picture of your bust, as I tried doing it now, but it's not easy merging a straight on shot with a low angle shot as you can see in the second thumbnail.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back