Retro, comicbook style Space Helmet (Lots of Pics)

Amazing work! It's great to see such a great prop made with relatively simple materials. Thank you for the tutorial!

Would it be possible to get some measurement specifications on the collar for this costume? In particular, I've been trying to make something similar, and have been having a very hard time getting the area for the shoulders to be the right shape such that there is enough material present to give it some structure, but it doesn't cut into the chest or my back.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

I think the work youve done on your retro-spaceman outfit is very impressive. Is it available to buy in the junkard or are your services available for hire to build another one?

Boy, what an amazing build! I love the whole retro look!
Thanks for all the great details on the creation.
Looking forward to doing a version of this, myself!

Thanks again for such a great build! I made a couple for a Sci-Fi themed party my wife and I hosted. Hope its ok to post these pictures. Thanks again!!

Wow! I've missed quite a few posts.

Thanks for all the kind words and putting a BIG smile on my face for those who have made a helmet.

To answer a few questions, such as do I hire out or have any work in the junkyard, the answer is a simple "no". I would rather inspire you to make your own and provide whatever help I can.

Speaking of help, here are some patterns I've made that should assist future builders. With some experiments and some adjustments to these, they should work out fine.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Bak, i am gonna make a couple more..... My biggest problem was the hose, we used electrical conduit due to cost..... The problem was they arent very flexible.... What did you use?

Hi BAK55,

I'm a recently produced a sic-fi magazine inspired shoot and made space helmets base on your design! It took a while, but thanks so much for the inspirational post and helpful instructions!

You can see the shoot here.

This is so cool. I'm very happy that this has been of help to fans of classic Retro Futurism design. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back