The Dark Tower (Post-release)

I think they went too far in the opposite direction and it's turning people off.
I like Idris Elba, but he's literally the exact opposite of the Gunslinger I pictured in my mind when reading the first book.
I've only read the first 2 books, btw, and part of the third. Loved the first book, but it started going off the rails for me in book 2, and by 3 I'd had enough of that nonsense.

The speed loader mid air crap made me shake my head. Unnecessary "I'm the cool good guy and don't mess with loading like other men. I have STYLE!!" moves. Might as well give him .45 1911's with compensators, led sights, full auto firing, etc. etc. etc.

I had bought tickets to a showing this morning because my husband has expressed interest in seeing the movie, but wound up exchanging them for Atomic Blonde once I heard that Jake is the focus of the film, not Roland and Walter. Fail.

Well I haven't read the books so as for me and my wife We enjoyed the movie and will look to see where it goes in the future. I hate to compair Books to Movies there will always be people dealing with conflict

This movie is just a joke
It's not even an adaptation.
The book is better than the movie

I don't understand Stephen King about this movie...
Why he does accept.

I look forward to the next adaptation....IT "they're float too" ah ah

King is not a sell out or crazy. You don't roll out a new product and advertise it as crap even if it is. It's just business 101. Give it some time. After a few years, or he is no longer contractually obligated to speak nice, we may get his true opinion. Besides, Dark Tower means a lot to him, he could just be glad to see it getting any kind of treatment. When I talk to people who tell me they read a lot of Stephen King I find very few have read the DT books.

King is not a sell out or crazy. You don't roll out a new product and advertise it as crap even if it is. It's just business 101. Give it some time. After a few years, or he is no longer contractually obligated to speak nice, we may get his true opinion. Besides, Dark Tower means a lot to him, he could just be glad to see it getting any kind of treatment. When I talk to people who tell me they read a lot of Stephen King I find very few have read the DT books.

King has NEVER let that stop him from talking mad **** about adaptations he didn't like. Kubrick's version of the Shining was still in theaters when he started making his displeasure known.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back